First time at the track tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time at the track tonight

this is my first time ever to even go to a track,it was fun overall and had a good time, my times are alright, for some reason i still couldnt get traction even though i had slicks and i burned out for a good amount of time anyways my best run was

Reaction: .1189
    60ft: 2.34
    330ft: 6.54
    1/8: 10.1
    1/4:15.40
    mph:90.84

i forgot my tire pressure gauge, so i think thats why i couldnt get traction because they were pretty stiff ad seemed to be around 30psi

Re: First time at the track tonight

lol...slicks should be at around 15 psi..

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

yes i am aware but everyone i went with forgot a tire pressure gauge

Comment

mods?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

intake headers and exhaust

Comment

no LSD?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            Or this

Comment

Well; it was your first time at the track so you can't expect good numbers. With some practice you could get 14s in 1/4 tho.
              Leonard
              www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
              sigpic

Comment

manual?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

dont expect good times your first time, i just went for the first time last Wednesday and ran a 14.9 @ 95 mph with a 2.5 60. My mods are full bolt-ons and a 100 shot on slicks. I should be in the mid 13's lol. And btw manuals suck to launch i even have a line lock and they still suck.

Comment

ya its a manual and no lsd

Comment

well thats your problem then, i dont even see the point in running a good DR if you dont have LSD. your 60 is going to be pretty much junk no matter what.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

ouch, i know this, i have been looking for one, its just a good start to see how i progress

Comment

Fondle do you have any suspension work done yet? upgrading your shocks and tuning up your rear end with an adj. panhard/lca's/relocation brackets could help your 60' too.

but definitely look into a lsd and gears to get that thing moving---you've got 14's with some fine tuning and practice.
                          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

o have the eibach pro kit, thats the only suspension i have, this was just a baseline run, so i can see how each piece helps after i add it, i have been looking for aluminum driveshaft and a rear end but no luck locally

Comment

upgrade those shocks and lca's w/ brackets to go along with your springs and you'll notice a difference
                              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X