traction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: traction?

You can get a bit nervous the first time you do a burnout...but once you get it down there is nothign to it.

Hold the brake pretty hard, mash the gas to the floor for 2-3 seconds on street tires and then pull off the brake and then off the gas right after...thats how I always did it on street tires. Your brakepads will be fine doing it once in a while like you will be.

Start off with your street tires pressure being around 28 for the rear...35 is too much. Put the fronts to 40-45...just remember to lower them before you leave :)
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Hmm, so is there anything wrong with going through the water box.. stopping.. then let your car roll then mash on the gas to spin the tires some before you get to the staging light? It's like a rolling spin. I'm totally used to doin that whenever it rains on the street so I was comfortable with it at the track. Sept on the street I dont do it half as bad ya know. :)

TEAM C6V6

Comment

If you go through the water box, water (obviously) gets on your tread. Once you get up to the staging lanes, chances are some water didn't come off in the short burnout and it drips on to the track, stealing traction and making it worse for the next guy up as well
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I was thinking that. But ****, my car doesn't produce enough tourque to loose any traction as it is. It's hard to avoid the water at Norwalk sometimes cause of the **** ton of people crowding the staging lanes.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if you can avoid water, avoid it :)
            Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X