Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stock f-bodies!!

Originally posted by Exxxcelent
    I'm Confused... I Have A Completely Stock 1999 Firebird And My Best Run In A 1/4 Is 16.144@86...

a stock 99 is supposed to run about a 15.5-15.8 around there somewhere, there is a possibillity that something is wrond with it, but more then likely it was just your tires and the weather messing with the car

Comment

mine must be a freak or something... cuz those 16's are ridiculously slow... ive never seen a 3800 run that slow but thats just me.

ill be hitting up the track to find out how my new set up will work compared to last years.

maybe your tranny is slipping in 3rd... thats my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by rdrr96
        mine must be a freak or something... cuz those 16's are ridiculously slow... ive never seen a 3800 run that slow but thats just me.

ill be hitting up the track to find out how my new set up will work compared to last years.

maybe your tranny is slipping in 3rd... thats my guess.
        Yeah, that's an option too. When I went to the 1/4 track 1 got three passes in. On my first pass, my 1/8 mile trap and ET were dead on with my best at our local 1/8 mile (9.65 @ 72.3), and my 1/4 mile was 15.18 @ 91.9.

On my second and thrid pass, the car held 2nd gear around 72mph and didn't want to shift. One was a 16.1, the other was a 15.8 I think.

My mods (just for reference):
        K&N FilterCharger
        Custom Made Smooth Air Bellows
        Free Ram Air
        Removed MAF Screen
        Smoothed Airbox Lid
        Magnaflow Carsound 3" High Flow Catalytic Convertor
        TB Spacer
        ZZP O2 Sim
        and suspension mods for autocrossing
        ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Originally posted by fbird97
          a stock 99 is supposed to run about a 15.5-15.8 around there somewhere, there is a possibillity that something is wrond with it, but more then likely it was just your tires and the weather messing with the car

i live in ny so at most it was in the high 70's... guess its just the tires or i need a tune up. it has 77k on the motor so i wouldn't doubt it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
            Low Voltage
            by Vladimir Gecko
            I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
            3 hours ago
          • LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            6 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X