stock f-bodies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock f-bodies!!

ok i was wondering what stock f-bodies should run, i got beat by a bone stock 02 maro 3.8 not striped at all,what should these run

93-95 3.4's

96-97 3.8's

98-02 3.8's

i have no clue cuz the first time i ran my firebird i already had put a intake and magnaflow on over the winter!! and still got beat by that damn 02 maro!!!

Re: stock f-bodies!!

That sounds about right... :poke:

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Sounds like you need the "driver Mod". ;)
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

02's>97's

straight tb, tubular exhaust manifolds, and usually 342 gears and sometimes LSD. also a lighter gas tank :) 1 piece driveshaft :)

2002 ftw

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

98+ is like 15.5 and not sure exact about the rest but maybe a second slower.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I ran 15.8 stock in my 97.

Every car is different and some come from the factory as "freaks". Also general wear and tear, mileage, tuneups, all play a factor in times

3.8s are usually in the 15s stock, 3.4s are in the 16s and sometimes 17s
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok well what do i have to do to my bird to get it into the 15.2 range?? right now i got a chrome intakes full cold air system, a magnaflow catback, and a b&m shift kit, my car is the y87 performance package with 3.42 gears in the back, the fastest i've ever gone is a 15.819, but the stupid thing runs 16.2's all the time like tonight, any suggestions?????

Comment

nitrous :)

weather and track location are key to times as well.
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fbird97
                  ok well what do i have to do to my bird to get it into the 15.2 range?? right now i got a chrome intakes full cold air system, a magnaflow catback, and a b&m shift kit, my car is the y87 performance package with 3.42 gears in the back, the fastest i've ever gone is a 15.819, but the stupid thing runs 16.2's all the time like tonight, any suggestions?????
                  post the entire timeslip in your 15.8 run

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                    nitrous :)

weather and track location are key to times as well.
                    WERD. With full boltons (full exhaust, aluminum DS, intake, 3.73s, LSD, short shifter, shocks.....) I ran a best of 16.05 at the track last weekend.

The catch is...it's 5230 ft. elevation here and the DA was 7836.
                    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

ok well i dont have the slip but i wrote down the numbers,

dial in 15.80

reaction .715

60' 2.196

330' 6.596

1/8th 10.204

1/8th mph 68.554

1000' 13.216

1/4 15.819

1/4 mph 84.911

thats really all i want constistantly, but i keep pulling 16.2's and i dont know why. how could my car droped that much within 2 weeks, oh and the evelvation is only like 2000ft, i live about 100yards from lake eire

Comment

oh and this 02 maro times were.

reaction. 1.035

60' 2.162

330' 6.414

1/8th 9.900 mph 69.968

1000' 12.837

1/4 15.506 mph 86.458

Comment

My 99 is relatively stock. Still breathing through the stock muffler and pipes, but I have a highflow cat on it (since it was cheaper than stock). I also removed my MAF screen and the air silencers and shaved the inside of the airbox.

My best 1/4 mile was a 15.1X @ over 90, with a 2.2 60', and a 9.6x @ 72mph through the 1/8 mile. I've run those mid 9's through the 1/8 quite a bit. The car has always been a bit of a freak. Of the other 3.8 Fbodys I've ran against, the fastest one ran a 9.81, and the average was around 10.2 through the 1/8.
                          ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

i run 18.9 in a 3.8 mustang:bowdown:

Comment

Originally posted by bluovlh8er
                              i run 18.9 in a 3.8 mustang:bowdown:
                              joke?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                Low Voltage
                                by Vladimir Gecko
                                I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                2 hours ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X