Better 1/4 mile gain with? *Updated: got the 4.10s!* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better 1/4 mile gain with? *Updated: got the 4.10s!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check the drivetrain I think you can count up the teeth I believe.

also I believe there is a number on the gears that should tell you(well if they were factorry GM ones)
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by L36Camaro:
      how can I tell if they are really 4.10s just by looking at them? I just want to make sure that he did not rip me off. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Ring gear teeth / pinion gear teeth = gear ratio

Hopefully they won't wine. Cheaper no-name gears will have a higher chance of it, so hopefully you'll be lucky.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

How many Ring Gear teeth / Pinion Gear teeth should there be w/ 4.10s? I want to make sure they are 4.10s before I have them put in. BTW, they are Motive Gear Performance brand. Thanks guys! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        2002 Z28 A4
        SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

How many Ring Gear teeth / Pinion Gear teeth should there be w/ 4.10s? I want to make sure they are 4.10s before I have them put in.
          Just count them and do the division like above. That'll tell you the ratio.

BTW, they are Motive Gear Performance brand.
          Oh, great. I thought I saw a link where you bought the gears and it showed some other brand, but I can't find it now so it may not have even been you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I counted 41 Ring teeth / 10 Pinion teeth and divided them and got 4.10! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
            2002 Z28 A4
            SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

Comment

Oh, great. I thought I saw a link where you bought the gears and it showed some other brand, but I can't find it now so it may not have even been you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              It was me, I ordered the gears from eBay Motors Store “KENNEDY OFF ROAD”, and all the gears they sell there are brand new Motive gears at a great price.
              I deleted the post w/ the link in it because I did not want to have to many posts. So your not going crazy, it was there but I deleted it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              2002 Z28 A4

Comment

It’s all thanks to Little G, that I got the 4.10s. Seeing the great times he is running on a stock motor made me want to try to do the same. I will try to get 13’s w/ only the 4.10s w/ LSD, a high stall torque converter, some suspension modifications, an aluminum driveshaft, drag radials, some more weight reduction, and some basic tuning. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                2002 Z28 A4

Comment

i think 12secondv6 still has his old 3200 stall laying around. that woudl definately wake the car up off the line.

later
                  tim
                  NJ SPEEDER<br />1976 Camaro LT<br />Crate 350, TH350, 3.90 posi<br />New Jersey F-Body Owners Association<br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X