Better 1/4 mile gain with? *Updated: got the 4.10s!* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better 1/4 mile gain with? *Updated: got the 4.10s!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better 1/4 mile gain with? *Updated: got the 4.10s!*

Would I get a better 1/4 mile gain w/ 4.10 gears w/ LSD, and a 3200 Stall Torque Converter, or w/ a Cam Setup. Because I can afford the gears & converter WAY sooner than a Cam Setup. Maybe way down the road I could afford the cam setup but not any time soon, plus I have second thoughts about going into internal engine work so soon. What do ya think? Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 10, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: L36Camaro ]
    2002 Z28 A4
    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Without a doubt, do the drivetrain first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Internal engine stuff should always be done last. You'll be plenty quick with 4.10s and a converter.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

4.10s will but added wear on the motor. Not to say it will ruin it before you move on to another car. But it will but added strain by on average keeping the motor at higher revs.

But remember people ahve put 200k on these cars with no major problems. Don't you only have like 30k? You should be fine.

and at the rate you drive I assume you will sell the car buy a new one before you kill it.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by L36Camaro:
        because I don’t feel like putting an extra 60 miles on my car.
        Damn, I put 60 miles on my car every day, frequently twice a day.
        Matt
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I put maybe 25-30 miles on her every weekend if that. ;)
          2002 Z28 A4
          SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

Comment

omg. i put 75 a day. everyday. commuting sucks.
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

4.10 Gears
              Zexel Torsen LSD
              3200 Stall Torque Converter
              Drag Radials
              Could I get ALL this stuff for around $1000-$1500 INSTALLED? Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
              It'll be close...depends on the converter you go with...
              gears-~190
              LSD-~100
              TC-$500-900
              DR's-$260

install is gonna be the killer...your probably gonna be looking at another $500 just for installs & mounting alone.
              00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

I just got BRAND NEW 4.10s off of e-bay for $130! Plus I had a balance, so it only came to $87!!
                Yeah Baby!!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] - that's me!
                2002 Z28 A4

Comment

Ya, I only have 31,800 miles on the car. Plus I don't drive it often, and when I do I RARELY go over 50 mph because I have no need too since I RARELY take my car on the highway. I always baby the h** out of Eleanor. Could you tune my car for the 4.10s w/ LSD & the Converter when I get them? Oh, and this Wednesday at the UCF meet I will be bringing my mom’s ‘89 Merc, because I don’t feel like putting an extra 60 miles on my car. I will be bringing my car the week after though. BTW, I forgot to tell you my mom’s 5.0 ‘89 Merc has a Hot Cam, P&P Heads, 4.56 gears, 3800 Stall Converter, Open Headers, and 18 inch Drag Radials, and runs 10.90s all night.
                  A car needs to be used every now and then. If you baby a car its whole life and then start abusing it will be sure to shell something.
                  2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

yep
                    The confusion surrounds me <br />change is imminent<br />if I were they<br />we could be great

Comment

INstall can be anywhere from 200-500 for the gears/lsd and 400+ for the converter.
                      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

for gear & lsd install i've seen shops charge $210-$310
                        (from 4-6 hrs labor)

Comment

Do you think you have enough posts in this thread? Perhaps use the edit button? ;)

Are you going to do any of the install yourself? Something like the driveshaft is pretty simple and is a good way to start doing the work yourself.

[ October 11, 2005, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
                          Matt

Comment

Sorry man! [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] I just deleted most of them.
                            Ya, I'll put in the driveshaft myself.
                            But the advanced stuff is too difficult for me right now (I’m only 16). ;)

[ October 11, 2005, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: L36Camaro ]
                            2002 Z28 A4

Comment

I just received them via UPS 20 minutes ago. I just wanted to ask a stupid question, how can I tell if they are really 4.10s just by looking at them? I just want to make sure that he did not rip me off. Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              2002 Z28 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X