No announcement yet.

New Timeslips Editor has been named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamweaver uses a lot of useless stuff that doesn't have to be there.
    I am not sure what version of Dreamweaver you all use but the version I use doesn't introduce a lot of unnecessary bloat. It may introduce some style information but that is standards compliant! Making HTML standards compliant != bloat. That insures people using IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror, Opera, etc can view the pages the same.

It would be a very tedious process to create standards compliant HTML by hand with Notepad. Believe me I was a die hard hand HTML coder for a long time. I was creating HTML pages for Mosaic in 1995 with a Unix box and VI. If I have switched to the dark side and use an HTML editor it is ok for everyone else to [img]smile.gif[/img]
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

i have dreamweaver but i never use it...have home site and a couple other things too...never used an editor...i always just do html and asp in note pad or something like that...its actually easier for me to look at the code and see what the page will look like that to look at dreamweaver's viewer and see the code...using note pad you can customize code so much better
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

using note pad you can customize code so much better
        Dreamweaver has a code view and a WYSIWYG editor which is why I like it so much. Give me the ease of the WYSIWYG editor when I need it and the power of the code view. I spend about 75% of my time in code view and the other 25% in the editor.
        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

^^^ yeah im almost the same if i do use dreamweaver...one private company i worked for it was standard...or policy or whatever...so thats where i started using it...probably spent about 90% in code view...the thing i probably liked most about the WYSIWYG editor was the table creation...took the tedious work out of that lol
          <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

lol. I'll take that bet as well.

FYI Stefan I wrote a VB app that makes updating the timeslips page MUCH easier as long as users uset he timeslips submission page that I created.

Real programmers care about what their end users see and how effeceint the program is.

My class based TD structure saves a TON of space and is VERY well designed.

With my VB program all you have to do is a couple of cut and pasts and click a renumber button and all the work is done for you.

FYI, I've been using notepad.exe to edit my pages since the mid 90's.

HP Tuners page is created with notepad.exe.
            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

You may want to change the e-mail link on the timeslip submission page. Just a thought.
              New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
              RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
              crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
              The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                5 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                3 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X