New Timeslips Editor has been named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Timeslips Editor has been named

And due to overwhelming amounts of spam, timeslips@firebirdv6.com has been permanently shut down.

The new editor is Pathogen and the new submission e-mail address is timeslipseditor@firebirdv6.com.

Look for updates to the Timeslips Page this weekend.

YEA YEA YEA
    it's about time.
    New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
    RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
    crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
    The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

[img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img] rock on stefan [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

three cheers for stefan!

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed!
          [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Comment

I think she would do a wonderful job.

Good choice.

Comment

Okay you guys, I've updated the page, but somehow Dreamweaver screwed up the tables.

I am going to correct this, no need to complain, but right now I have two cars to prep for E-Town.

Will take care of this soon!

Comment

Congrats!
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I took a look at the source and see what is wrong. To get a blank table cell to appear you need the html symbol for a blank space:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> &lt;td&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/td&gt; </pre>[/QUOTE]rather than

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> &lt;td&gt;&lt;/td&gt; </pre>[/QUOTE]Or you could make the foreground color the same as the background color and put a X in the cell or something. But that is cheesy and is visible if someone highlights the table. Just use the blank space symbol.

You aren't really updating that by hand are you? You could insert all of the information into a MySQL database table and then use Perl or some such to generate it dynamically. Then all you would have to do is insert a new row in the database table. You wouldn't even have to sort it by hand, just order by the 1/4 ET on the SQL query.

Of course the best way IMHO is to install JBoss on the server and serve it up with JSP and Servlets using JDBC to access the MySQL table.

[ October 04, 2004, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: mjparme ]
                  SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Holy crap.

You can't use dreamwever.

You need to use notepad. If you use other programs you will create a REALLY large file which will take forever for users to view.

I wrote a VB applicaiton that makes updating the page much easier.

IMHO someone with HTML experience needs to manage the timeslips page.

I put so much time and tweaks into it to cut the file size down to 150kb and its still rather large. I can't imagine how large it would be without using notepad. :(
                    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

You can't use dreamwever.

You need to use notepad. If you use other programs you will create a REALLY large file which will take forever for users to view.
                      You must be thinking of FrontPage and the associated Microsoft crap out there. Don't even get me started about people using Word to generate html, grrr...

Anyway, Dreamweaver does not over inflate the size of the file. It keeps things nice and small just like you would if you edited the html by hand with Notepad [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] or Vi [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] .

I am pretty certain you are thinking of FrontPage extensions which does indeed inflate the size of the files. Actually, DreamWeaver has an import option which will take all that Microsoft crap out.

IMHO he is fine with DreamWeaver.
                      SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

I looked at the source of the page. That is not what I uploaded last week. its bloated

That file is 456kb, my last one (last week) was about 145kb.

I put so much time into developing a class based structure that would save a ton of space.

Plesae for the love of god let someone with html knowledge take over my hard work. :(
                        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Oh WAAH! Our target market is not dialup users!

Magnus, I was the person that told you to use Notepad because back when I was maintaining it there was only a handful of listings.

A 500 kb page is fine. There are no graphics other than the header. We have plenty of pages on the site that are a lot larger than even a Dreamweaver/Excel-created timeslips page.

The reason we're using editors now is because otherwise it won't get done. This thing is far too large to do by hand. You know that... otherwise you'd still be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus:
                            Plesae for the love of god let someone with html knowledge take over my hard work. :(
                            For the record, Jenn is fluent in HTML, and I'll bet she's a lot better at programming than you are. She chose not to use it here.

[img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Magnus:
                              For the record, Jenn is fluent in HTML, and I'll bet she's a lot better at programming than you are. She chose not to use it here.

[img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                              </font>[/QUOTE]What's the bet? I know Jenn is pretty good with programming/html, but I think Mag may have more experience.

I use Dreamweaver, and edit all the junk out in notepad after I create the initial document.

Dreamweaver uses a lot of useless stuff that doesn't have to be there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X