Whys my 1/4 mile so bad..help anyone?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whys my 1/4 mile so bad..help anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost ready to give up..I gave it an oil change, new PCV, Fuel Filter, Spark plugs(AC delco platinum), Fully Synthetic trans fluid and a shift kit( i read in a post your trans is suppose to shift at 5,700 and mine ran to redline..now it doesnt)best 60 ft. was 2.47 and best et was 16.359(both on same run). I rotated my bad tires to the back though since new ones are coming...and i spun twice.. once a 2.87 60' and another 2.58. I will replace my exhaust soon because the original one is bad anyway. I didnt change any O2 sensors. I have a trans temp guage i will have in next week and I think i will try some street slicks that I use to run on a vette jsut to make sure no more spins. So sick of this thing running bad. Thanks for all your help. I'm open to any more ideas anyone may have.
    97 RS,3.73 LSD,Flowmaster,Shift Kit,Edge TC,HP Tuners,EWP,SLP CAI,160*,Touchscreen monitor,& Alpine Stereo(155.2dB)15.27 N/A 1.9X 60\'s and a magic switch.

Comment

Does anyone think the alternator could slow me down that much? I have a monitor, PS2, and stereo that i use on the road. nothing is on and the subs are removed when I race but is it possible that my alternators damaged and "pulls" harder because I usually use so much power.
      97 RS,3.73 LSD,Flowmaster,Shift Kit,Edge TC,HP Tuners,EWP,SLP CAI,160*,Touchscreen monitor,& Alpine Stereo(155.2dB)15.27 N/A 1.9X 60\'s and a magic switch.

Comment

there are 4 02's on a 1997 car there like 60 bucks EACH. you expose to change them at 50-80K miles....

what are you gaping the plugs at??? should be .06

do exuast and headers, and a better intake it woke up my 1997 SO MUCH

also what doe you coolent look like the water pump could be robing power try ing to pupm old crappy fluid
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i have no clue about cars. are they sweet??
          -kyle

Comment

whats pcv?
            -kyle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X