Dyno Numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Numbers?

I went to the dyno last sunday and i put down 170hp and 210tq at the wheels. Its a stock 3.8 97 firebird. ARe these numbers right? or should i be concerned? Thanks
    1997 Firebird M5<br />Bright Red<br />Mods: SLP Intake, Autometer A/F Gauge, Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, BMR STB, Cragar SS rims W/ Nittos on front and BFG drags on back <br /><br />Stock Dyno Numbers: 170hp and 210lbs TQ

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Even a little on the high side for a stock car.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Did anyone else dyno there car stock?
      1997 Firebird M5<br />Bright Red<br />Mods: SLP Intake, Autometer A/F Gauge, Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, BMR STB, Cragar SS rims W/ Nittos on front and BFG drags on back <br /><br />Stock Dyno Numbers: 170hp and 210lbs TQ

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gauvin007:
        I went to the dyno last sunday and i put down 170hp and 210tq at the wheels. Its a stock 3.8 97 firebird. ARe these numbers right? or should i be concerned? Thanks<hr></blockquote>

Were those numbers actuals or corrected. If actual then your numbers will be 10 to 12 RWHP lower in difference.

Eric
        Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
        1996 Camaro Conv
        2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

That is at the rear wheels

Comment

That is at the rear wheels<hr></blockquote>

I know its at the real wheels...My question is were those numbers from the dyno actual or SAE corrected.
            Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
            1996 Camaro Conv
            2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

they where actual numbers

Comment

they where actual numbers<hr></blockquote>

Then that explains the higher than usual numbers you turned. the next time you get a chance to Dyno ask for your numbers to be corrected. Actuals do not compensate for the Barometer, humidity nor the DA Levels.....I turned 178.4 at the RW SAE corrected. My actual was 184.7 at the RW.

Eric
                Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                1996 Camaro Conv
                2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X