Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st time hitting the drag strip

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
    a 95-98 4.6L GT only had 215 hp stock and about 300tq.

If its an auto you may beat him.

I ran a 98 5 speed with a 100 shot in my 94TA(CAI,Headers) and got him by 2 lengths.
    gts are the v8s with the v6 body style right n reason im asking is cuz im nt into stangs

Comment

95' was the last of the old 5.0's V8, yes the newer 96' had 4.6 V8's with the bodies being the same as the 3.8 V6's.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Those 4.6s are slow. My friend has one and I've beaten him every race at the track. I lost to his 5.0 though.

Comment

1999–2004 Ford Mustang, 260 hp and 302 lb·ft

Just dont sweat it and have fun! you have nothing to loose
          If he wins "oh wow he beat a v6". If he looses "Dam he lost to a six!" :D

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
            1999–2004 Ford Mustang, 260 hp and 302 lb·ft

Just dont sweat it and have fun! you have nothing to loose
            If he wins "oh wow he beat a v6". If he looses "Dam he lost to a six!" :D
            i will ether way lol but i want to beat him cuz ive known him since middle school n now were in high school and he just got his car and he running his mouth about it being a v-8 n he has a cai just a ricer period lol some time i just wana shut him up cause he does not know what hes talking about :spank:

Comment

but yall think i can win? im gana take my 2 12s out all my tools amp and a bunch 0f random stuff out to save weight.

Comment

If it's the old 4.6 it'll be close, but if it's the 99-04 he will win. My roommate has a 2000 gt with an intake and exhaust, and I have intake headers exhaust and a tune, and he steadily pulled away from me. Not at a substantial speed, but he just kept pulling away.

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
                  If it's the old 4.6 it'll be close, but if it's the 99-04 he will win. My roommate has a 2000 gt with an intake and exhaust, and I have intake headers exhaust and a tune, and he steadily pulled away from me. Not at a substantial speed, but he just kept pulling away.
                  Yup the early 4.6L was a dog and the V6 they used then was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
                    gts are the v8s with the v6 body style right n reason im asking is cuz im nt into stangs
                    The early SN95 Stangs look really round and feminine:p

Comment

I'd say if you're manual, hes auto, you win. If he's got a stick with half an idea how to drive it, you'll get beat. Just last night I beat a 01 GT by 8/10s... but that's with 4.10s.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        I'd say if you're manual, hes auto, you win. If he's got a stick with half an idea how to drive it, you'll get beat. Just last night I beat a 01 GT by 8/10s... but that's with 4.10s.
                        were both auto

Comment

You should have a chance fords transmissions aren't very efficient

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X