slower then I expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: slower then I expected

DA was 1100 something...corrected run was a 13.6...the fueling is fine...although I might just hook the maf back up just so I can get the spark timing dialed in

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      DA was 1100 something...corrected run was a 13.6...the fueling is fine...although I might just hook the maf back up just so I can get the spark timing dialed in
      Might be a good idea. I seriously thought you would have done better considering all the factors.

Comment

well I was running with 3/4 full tank of gas...and getting 3 degrees of knock...so I was getting anywhere from 21-23 degrees of timing...I want to be around 28-30*...I think that itself will make a big difference.

Not to mention I sat in bump to bumper traffic in which we barely moved for a good hour on the way up (took me 2.5 almost 3 hours to get to the track, when it normally takes 45 mins)...although I do have an electric water pump and 160* stat, I can't run the pump more then 45seconds to 1 minute with the car off, because my battery is soo weak right now...so I am sure that the heat had a little bit of effect on the engine as well.

On top of all this, I was spinning the slicks a little now running them a 30psi (I used to run them at 32psi)

So that has to be adjusted, and will need practice.

My 13.8 cam only run was with a strong tail wind...which is why I trapped 97mph.

previous to that I had a best of 13.92 I believe on a normal day, but both the 13.8 and 13.9 run were with almost no gas in the car, at the end of the season, with very nice air and probably close to sea level DA.

When I think about it like that, and take july 1sts factors into consideration...I think I did alright, just bummed out I didnt see a better number on the timeslip.

You also got to remember though, before I got the cam I ran 15.2...when I got the cam I ran 14.7...after some practice I got to 14.4 (which is not a significant improvement over 15.2 for the work done)...by the end of the season I managed to get that down to 13.9...so Im confident I can still hit my goal of 12.9 by the end of the season...its just not going to be as easy as I thought...

I should also mention that I had my shift points set at 6000rpm, rather then 6300rpm that I normally have them set at...I didnt bother to change them because I was getting knock, and did not want to push it that little extra bit. Not sure how much difference 300rpm will make, but it all adds up...
        Last edited by LETZRIDE; 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X