slower then I expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slower then I expected

well I finally got out to the track with the new heads...no where near what I expected, but I was having a bunch of problems.

Best run of the day beats my previous best by .01 of a second...whooohoo:(

60'... 1.882
    330'... 5.623
    1/8... 8.785
    MPH... 77.85
    1000... 11.535
    1/4... 13.864
    MPH... 96.95

on the bright side, since I wasnt planning on going to the track, I had almost 3/4 full gas tank.

But the worst part, is I also had knock throughout the entire runs...about 3 degrees of it. not sure from what, or why...my fueling is fine. If anyone wants to take a look at the scans, I can send em to ya....kinda bummed out lol.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: slower then I expected

what would 8-10 degrees of timing do for me? Im thinking that makes a big difference no?

Comment

I would think you would still be running 26-28 degrees timing without any Kr. You can send them to me if you want ss6532@aol.com
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I still can run 28 degrees of timing with my cam , heads/ intakes soon to be added, but I do have my KR sensors desenitized 40% for the past 6 years since theres alot of false kR on the 3800's. If it does pick up KR then I know its real, but still not audilble.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's still awesome in my book. Perhaps some more tuning, esp. with those heads and you'll see a big difference.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I would think you would still be running 26-28 degrees timing without any Kr. You can send them to me if you want ss6532@aol.com

I'll send you them when I get home...I was mostly running 20-21* with it beginning to climb back to 24* as I began pulling timing in an effort to fight the knock.

13.8 isn't bad...its just I ran 13.8 with just the cam...I want to see an improvement with the heads....

Comment

Knock sensors suck. Can you tune around them? I've never seen a single instance where someone said "whew, good thing I had those knock sensors, they saved my engine". They seem to be more hassle than good.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

You can have them pull less timing per event and add the timing back quicker.
                sigpic

Comment

you can tune around them...but its a safety...I kinda dont want to bypass a safety for the engine...I can have it pull less timeing and decay quicker like brian said...but I would rather just not have knock, that way the retard doesnt have to kick in lol

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    I'll send you them when I get home...I was mostly running 20-21* with it beginning to climb back to 24* as I began pulling timing in an effort to fight the knock.

13.8 isn't bad...its just I ran 13.8 with just the cam...I want to see an improvement with the heads....
                    The guy at the machine shop said with the right cam with intake and exhaust the heads should be a big improvement. I'm pickiing mine up tomorrow, which I think have the same valve size as yours. Hes done GN's, imports and what not but mostly V8's so he knows his stuff. Doing full engine builds, blocks , and all machining and is one of the best shops in AZ. Just send it when you can, are you running bigger injectors?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      you can tune around them...but its a safety...I kinda dont want to bypass a safety for the engine...I can have it pull less timeing and decay quicker like brian said...but I would rather just not have knock, that way the retard doesnt have to kick in lol
                      I would recommend just desentizing them where they go into the PCM like I did , best thing ever and it will still show KR on Hptuners before its even audible. Mines never gotten to the point where it is audible though.

Comment

how do you desensitize them?

Comment

email sent steve.

Comment

Dude thats rediculous. Come on now. Don't make me have to come drive it and show you whats up.

On a serious note. I think with it tuned a lil' better it will be faster.

Comment

I think you should hook the maf back up and run it normal and see if there is any difference/ and if so how much? I think with your mods and tunning you should be able to get a low 13 if the DA is right, wouldn't be the first one to do it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X