UPDATE: Installed! New stuff, v8 rack and pinion and !crappy rag joint - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Installed! New stuff, v8 rack and pinion and !crappy rag joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Installed! New stuff, v8 rack and pinion and !crappy rag joint

Just picked up a new V8 rack and the unbalanced engineering !rag joint kit. Since people like them, here is a nice photo of before, and I will post when installed as well :D The Canon SD300 digital camera I took this pic with is also new today [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

[ February 06, 2005, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: PiLOTLiTE ]

That's hot. I'm preparing to do both those mods as well. Lemme know how it goes. BTW - what was the price on that rack and where did you get it
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

You know when I went to the !rag joint, I must have fubared something else up, b/c I have play like a mofo.
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

So I installed the stuff yesterday, pretty straight-forward. The rack is all nuts and bolts, 2 hold it to the k-memeber, 2 on the tie rod ends, 2 fittings for power steering, and one linkage clamp. The linkage is only 2 bolts, one to the rack, one to the steering shaft that comes thru the firewall. Now I just need an alignment.

The factory rag joint is a huge pain in the *** to get rid of. It is riveted in with 4 large rivets that do not want to be removed. I spent some serious time with a dremel, chisel, drill, and a sledge to get em out. Here's a pic of the unbalanced engineering kit installed. Let me know if you have questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Garret:
          That's hot. I'm preparing to do both those mods as well. Lemme know how it goes. BTW - what was the price on that rack and where did you get it
          The rack is from A1 Cardone. It is a rebuilt GM rack, 3 year warranty. It cost $126 with a $156 refundable core charge. And I got it from a local speed shop in town. :D

Comment

what is the difference like? would you reccomend doing the modification?

Comment

Re: UPDATE: Installed! New stuff, v8 rack and pinion and !crappy rag joint

this is the closest to a good write up i can find with the search function... any body know any better ones?

Comment

Holy resurrected post. A steering rack is pretty straight forward. the best thing to do is buy a manual.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

do you have to do the pinion at the same time?

Comment

it's a rack and pinion steering system, all in one. The piece in the very first picture is it.

Comment

Wow yeah let me clarify. A manual as in the thing you read. A manual rack would be a bee-otch to drive on the street.

Comment

Holy geez that's an old post of mine =)

If anyone has questions post em up.

Comment

how is the rag joint working out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X