I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it.

Good luck supercharged, that IS a project. I envision offset hood/roof/ trunk rally stripes with a set of cool fat lip 17s with the lo pro. Lower it, find some nice used front bucket seats and delete the back seat. Paint whole front/back end including headlight/tailight bezels same color as rest of car. You did ask, right?

At least you'll have all winter to work on it. By the way, doesn't winters for you north wooders start in like a month or so? ;)
    Last edited by nitetime_pr; 07-13-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

You wanna see some truly unbelievable f'ed up stuff? I knew it needed the front hub bearing but for crying out loud! I now know why they took it to the junkyard 15 plus years ago. I think I'll try to get the old Iron Duke running just to satisfy my curiosity.
      Attached Files
      78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

nice find... lol... new projects are always fun... I've always been a fan of the Grand Nationals for some reason, and that looks similar... I'll be sure and keep my eyes open for one at junkyards (now that I know they exist, lol)
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          i would have grabbed that fiero next to it too!
          x2 looks like a 84 or 5

If I ever have a good bit of money, a 88gt would be a great toy/weekend car:rock:.

Comment

Just an FYI. I finally got some info back from Historical Info Services. Total production for the 81 Sport Omega was only 696(and that's probably why they only made it for one year, it didn't sell). So I'm sure it's going to be next to impossible to find another one. If you ever do see one please let me know.
            78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

I've been working on it. I replaced the spindle/strut, pulled the front bumper cover off and sent it off to get refurbished, repaired the drivers fender, pulled out the dents on the drivers quarter. I also discovered it's supposed to be a V6 car(vin code X). So over the course of its life some moron actually swapped in the 2.5 Iron Duke, yuk! I also have everything I need to put in a 3400 with a carb(found a 3.4 Camaro to get the heads and piston/rods and a Citation for the intake manifold.). I decided to keep it low budget for now. I can always do the L67 later.

Comment

Awesome! Any new pictures?
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Repairing the plastic fender. I did buy myself a plastic welder to do this. I could have done the work on the bumper cover too, but it needed a lot of repair from sun damage, a hole and a tear not to mention all the little nicks and gouges. i also did find a donor car in the junkyard to cut the floor from so I have that too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's an awesome project.

I still have your old pics from my album too.

You might as well do the same thing. Since you are so familiar with this type of engine.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

is that the IAT sensor I see unplugged there?
                      Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by v6mOtOrhEAdftOp View Post
                        is that the IAT sensor I see unplugged there?
                        Yeah, you can see that the plug cable is all the way at the left side.

I don't think he was finish yet.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I've gotten some work done this summer on it. It now has a fresh carbed 3400/4spd. manual replacing the Iron Duke/auto. that someone wasted their time putting in it. I don't think they even finished that install before they decided to junk it. The interior is pulled out so I can start repairing the Fred Flintstone break option, haha. I've gotten the drivers front suspension all redone. I also cut out the rusty battery tray and replaced that so it's getting there. I got the new title from the DMV last month. It was really funny when the lady said "the state may send you a letter wanting you to bond the title for 3 years- it's about $500 to do that" I then handed her the pictures of the car. She then said "yeah, I don't think that'll be a problem, it looks like you have a lot of work to do" haha
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated:)

Comment

looks like a buick to me
                                Dave:
                                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X