I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it.

Have you ever seen one? it's an 81 Olds Omega Sport. You either like it or hate it I guess. It's a 1 year only option. It was in the dirt as you see in the junkyard. It's gonna need a lot of work I know. If you have seen one in a junkyard in your area please let me know. As you can see I either have to find a rear fender flare or reconstruct it. One interesting thing about this car is the front fenders and flares are one piece plastic fenders. So this car had plastic panels before the Fiero, and only on the Omega Sport.
    Attached Files
    78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Re: I couldn't resist, I had to rescue it.

hah dont see those often. id rather have a pontiac phoenix though, it looks more "sporty" lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

how much did you have to give for it?
      sigpic

Comment

I hope they paid you to tow it away;)

J/K

I bet the vinyl graphics add 15hp LOL

Good luck with the project :)

Comment

I dont think ive ever seen one, What motor does it come with, and... Does it run?
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

$350, and I got to grab some parts off of other Omegas I wanted. It has the 2.5"Iron Duke" and an automatic. That's not staying in their. I grabbed everything I needed to install a manual from an 81 Skylark.
            78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

sweet not bad
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged 024 View Post
                $350, and I got to grab some parts off of other Omegas I wanted. It has the 2.5"Iron Duke" and an automatic. That's not staying in their. I grabbed everything I needed to install a manual from an 81 Skylark.
                What are you replacing it with?

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                  What are you replacing it with?
                  I'm going to put the best answer there. LS1.

j/k, but thats gonna be a nice car when its fully restored.:rock:

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
                  Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

i would have grabbed that fiero next to it too!
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

haha thats rad, dont see thos at all.

good luck with the project
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a spare L67 in the shed, or keep it low budget and do a 3400 with iron heads and a carbed intake. I know I'm not leaving that 4 banger in it.

Comment

keep us posted!
                          Robby
                          2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                          sigpic

Comment

Years ago I rolled a car just like that one damn if I only new what it was I may have driven it a bit nicer............ Well not really good find hopefullynthat underside is good after years of sitting on the ground. You have a big job ahead of you for sure.

Comment

The floors will have to be cut out. Thankfully the exterior isn't rusted through. I love my plasma cutter and welder. I had to do the same thing to my 82 Turismo 2.2, the outside is good but floors were rusted too from being parked in tall grass. I'm almost finished setting up a supercharger for the turismo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330158
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X