87 Shelby Charger,L67,T5, independent rear - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 Shelby Charger,L67,T5, independent rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 87 Shelby Charger,L67,T5, independent rear

Sorry, already sold the original engine. Try turbododge.com, somebody will have some turbo I stuff for sure.
    78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

finished up some more stuff on it, click on over and check it out. What's your opnion on the older tail lights? What do you think of the white car I picked up for 150 bucks?
      78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe w/85 GN SFI turbo induction, 200-4R OD, 3.73 posi(pictured in Sep. 99 Hot Rod Power Tour Article 87 Shelby Charger (under construction)reardrive conversion, SC3800, T-5, Independent rear. Estimated weight 2400 lbs.

Comment

I have it running. Still have some work to do but at least it runs. Things like figuring out some radiator and heater hoses, AC lines, cleaning up the bundle of wiring/relays next to the battery(maybe some kind of cover will look ok), exhaust. I'll link you to a couple pics that got posted to a car I have for sale. It's the bottom 2 pics of course. Oh and look at the car for sale too! http://www.tcstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78328

Comment

cool I always wanted to do that on an f-body, similar intake setup and everything.

Comment

It really wasn't too hard to modify the back of the supercharger, I made a template to bolt on the back of it while I used a 3" holesaw to basically bore down the inlet far enough to have a 3" elbowput on it and welded up so it wouldn't stick out the back any more than necessary. Here's a link that'll show you what the supercharger looked like after it was welded on. http://www.mnfbody.com/forums/showth...t=21354&page=2 That's the only part that needs to be welded to the housing itself, in the other pics you can see the tube and throttle body mount plate can be done to fit the car you want to put it on by using 2 45 degree elbows and cutting them at the desired lengths to make it fit the car and then have somebody weld them and the plate together.

Comment

Gosh, I remember you posting that. That's awesome you finished. Can you post pics here?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Well, when it comes to the simple task of sticking the pics up on a website I'm a little stupid. I can't seem to get the memory down on the photos. If you can do it, could I email them to ya?

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged 024 View Post
                  Well, when it comes to the simple task of sticking the pics up on a website I'm a little stupid. I can't seem to get the memory down on the photos. If you can do it, could I email them to ya?
                  Sure. Here's my email:

garcia5403@att.net

Comment

Well it's been a while, but things are coming along. The picture of the yellow/black car is exactly like the car I had in high school(class of 86). I'm planning on repainting it like that but definitely not doing the plaid seats(or maybe I should)
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's finally ready for the maiden voyage tomorrow. Wooo Hooooooooo!

Comment

hey, post pics soon.

Comment

I got to drive it today. All I can say is---AWESOME!!! I really didn't get on it much because I know it needs a 4 wheel laser alignment to make sure it's not dog tracking. I stuck real close to my house. I went to the local gas station and around the immediate area but the houses around here that have some nice rides knew something was up. The exhaust note, the fuel cell, Oh and most important the fact that the rear tires were doing the chirpin' they all gave me two thumbs up!

Comment

i got to look at the first link you posted and the domain is expired :mad:
                            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                            15.11@91.14
                            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Here's a link to cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330131

Comment

I guess it's been a while since I've updated this. I got it painted this summer. Still not finished reassembling it but it's getting there. Check it out on the cardomain page.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X