The deed is done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The deed is done...

Well, I never, EVER thought I would do something like this. Last night I traded in my 1998 Firebird. I traded it for an 04 Chevy Silverado extended cab, with a 5.3 v8. I know the people who own the dealership I went to and I got the deal I could not refuse. I paid $8000 for my Firebird a few years ago. The dealership gave me $8549 trade in towards my truck!!! WHOA! I'm so lucky my friends own that place because I would of NEVER EVER gotten such a good deal. My Firebird had 61,000 miles on it when I let it go. After I signed all the papers came the time to clean the car out, there wasn't much in it, only took 5 minutes. Then my salesman handed me my truck keys and I gave him the 'bird keys, took one last look and he drove it away. I got into my new truck and a single tear came out. I will miss that car so freaking much. I worked so hard for that car. Good times with that car. I'll get another one, some day. Now for my truck...

It's a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8. (I have reasons for wanting a V8, not just "bragging rights") It's gold in color, extended cab. Automatic (I'll miss driving a 5 speed!), fully loaded. Only 25,000 miles on it. It still has a year of the factory warrenty (spelling?) on it, plus I bought an additional two years. All for $12,000! (after trade in) I only pay $300 a month. My insurance went down a little bit too. Well, guess I'm gonna hit the road. I'm gonna post a few things in the for sale section in the next day or so. Stuff I had for the Firebird that I obviously don't need anymore. I'll be back again one day with another Firebird. Take care all!
    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Re: The deed is done...

Congrats!! I love the LS based vortec engines. Gobs and gobs of power on demand. My step-dad put an LS6 intake manifold on it, that was interesting.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

does putting a LS6 intake on a 5.3 make a big diference.. im asking because my dad has a 5.3 and i will prally get a truck kind of like it whenever i sell my car
      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

what were the details of your cars(tranny year, options, etc...)

I know you got a hook up, but damn you got alot for your car.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

It breaths alot better. Lost just a tad of low end torque but gained top end power. Passing was fun.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Shenanigans- Yeah, I DID get a lot for my car. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was a 98 Firebird. Navy Blue Metallic, 5 speed manual, power door locks, windows, antenna, seat, mirrors, T-tops, non- Y87, it had just over 61000 miles on it. Twas a sweet car, and I really do miss it. I'll have another one day! And when I do, I'll be right back on here to show everyone! Since I've gotten rid of it I swear I'm being haunted by 'Birds and Camaro's. I'm seeing them EVERWHERE!
            1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X