The deed is done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The deed is done...

Well, I never, EVER thought I would do something like this. Last night I traded in my 1998 Firebird. I traded it for an 04 Chevy Silverado extended cab, with a 5.3 v8. I know the people who own the dealership I went to and I got the deal I could not refuse. I paid $8000 for my Firebird a few years ago. The dealership gave me $8549 trade in towards my truck!!! WHOA! I'm so lucky my friends own that place because I would of NEVER EVER gotten such a good deal. My Firebird had 61,000 miles on it when I let it go. After I signed all the papers came the time to clean the car out, there wasn't much in it, only took 5 minutes. Then my salesman handed me my truck keys and I gave him the 'bird keys, took one last look and he drove it away. I got into my new truck and a single tear came out. I will miss that car so freaking much. I worked so hard for that car. Good times with that car. I'll get another one, some day. Now for my truck...

It's a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8. (I have reasons for wanting a V8, not just "bragging rights") It's gold in color, extended cab. Automatic (I'll miss driving a 5 speed!), fully loaded. Only 25,000 miles on it. It still has a year of the factory warrenty (spelling?) on it, plus I bought an additional two years. All for $12,000! (after trade in) I only pay $300 a month. My insurance went down a little bit too. Well, guess I'm gonna hit the road. I'm gonna post a few things in the for sale section in the next day or so. Stuff I had for the Firebird that I obviously don't need anymore. I'll be back again one day with another Firebird. Take care all!
    1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Re: The deed is done...

Congrats!! I love the LS based vortec engines. Gobs and gobs of power on demand. My step-dad put an LS6 intake manifold on it, that was interesting.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

does putting a LS6 intake on a 5.3 make a big diference.. im asking because my dad has a 5.3 and i will prally get a truck kind of like it whenever i sell my car
      1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

what were the details of your cars(tranny year, options, etc...)

I know you got a hook up, but damn you got alot for your car.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

It breaths alot better. Lost just a tad of low end torque but gained top end power. Passing was fun.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Shenanigans- Yeah, I DID get a lot for my car. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was a 98 Firebird. Navy Blue Metallic, 5 speed manual, power door locks, windows, antenna, seat, mirrors, T-tops, non- Y87, it had just over 61000 miles on it. Twas a sweet car, and I really do miss it. I'll have another one day! And when I do, I'll be right back on here to show everyone! Since I've gotten rid of it I swear I'm being haunted by 'Birds and Camaro's. I'm seeing them EVERWHERE!
            1998 Pontiac Firebird<br />5-speed<br />Navy Blue<br />Only additions so far: Flowmaster Dual Exhaust 80 Series, K&N air filter<br /><br />1989 Ford F150<br />Alpine Green and Tan<br />300/4.9 Inline 6, automatic<br />completely stock- daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X