need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little help

hey guys got a little problem. my beater(1984 toyota corolla 76k) has a problem. i will drive the car, and then stop at a light and the car will start to buck and then stall out. now this doesn't happen all the time. maybe once a day if that. i changed the spark plugs, wires, rotor, dis. cap and o2 sensor. a few weeks ago. and the problem really slowed down alot. now it's getting bad again. what can i do now to stop this.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

check fuel filter, IAC motor (if any) and codes
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Fuel filter, bingo. Check that [img]smile.gif[/img] I bet its rusted like a sunuva*****. Fuel filters, if you ask me, should be no more than slightly surface rusted..
      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I'd put my money on EGR valve. Engines don't like to idle when that sucker bypasses even in the slightest.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

i already did the fuel filter. it's a carb engine so the egr will be a b!tch
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Perhaps a Redneck decal would fix it?
            :D .

Have you checked the timing since you replaced all that stuff?
            Adjusted the carb recently?
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

i have no idea how. but the redneck decal wouldn't work.... maybe a white trash one. since that is what it looks like right now!
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                ..... it's a carb engine .....
                so, when was the last time it was rebuilt? and how old are the vacuum lines under there?
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

we checked all the lines and they are fine.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i'm now getting really bad gas millage. could that be a result of the egr?
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

My ol ladies protege did the same thing (bucking, bad mileage and all) and it was the fuel filter anda vacuum line where some screw was lost. Idk, but it fixed it for less then 20 bucks [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X