I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now*

Ya, just bought a 1988 Mustang LX Saleen clone. It's a nice yellow and looks just like a Saleen of those years. It's a 5 speed with 2.73 gears. The top end was rebuilt about 50,000 miles ago including Cobra heads, port and polish, and GT-40 upper and lower intake. Also has headers of some sort and Flows. It sounds GREAT and...Ya...It's FAST! Even with the 2.73's it hauls. 1988 Mustang LX V8's only weigh a little over 2700 pounds!!! For comparison, a 1988 GT weighs a bit over 3000!! Anyway, I paid $2000. The lady we bought it from had to fork out $500 to get it smogged. It had 2 bad O2 sensors, but runs perfect besides that.

[ September 20, 2005, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: camaroincal ]

cool....cool....any pics yet?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

nope. Soon though maybe within the next week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Also forgot to mention it has an alarm, Koni adjustable shocks and a nice sound system with subs, cd changer etc... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

TTIWWOP

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

They weigh quite a bit more than 2700lbs ;)

Trust me ;) Takes quite a bit of weight reduction to get it knocked down to the sub 3000lbs level. They tend to tip the scales around 3100/3200lbs depending on trim.
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

BTW: Your car is begging for some 4.10s, get the pics up.
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                They weigh quite a bit more than 2700lbs ;)

Trust me ;) Takes quite a bit of weight reduction to get it knocked down to the sub 3000lbs level. They tend to tip the scales around 3100/3200lbs depending on trim.
                It's an lx. Curb weight on an lx with a V8 is around 2750 and the GT is more like 3050. But, Also I forgot to mention the hood is fiberglass. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's hella light, no backseat either and no power windows or steering or air condition.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                  TTIWWOP
                  lol...What's that mean in English?

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                    BTW: Your car is begging for some 4.10s, get the pics up.
                    Ya, 2.73'...but the damn thing still pulls HARD. I took my sis out for a drive in it last night and just drove around regularly til it warmed up then I MASHED it in 2nd and she starting laughing with glee... [img]smile.gif[/img] She was like OMG! haha it was great. In first you can tell the tranny is struggling a little bit but nontheless hangs in there. I gotta get some pics up...too bad I can't make a vid of it. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a weight comparison. Toward the bottom for the weights. And the lowest year KBB goes is '91, but they are basically the same as the 88's...right?

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&usedcarstab

Comment

I have an 86 LX, no AC no heater, manual everything, C4 tranny (lighter than your trans).. Still not below 3000#s.. Trust me, you're WAY off on your curb weight [img]smile.gif[/img] You also forget to factor in your gas and driver [img]smile.gif[/img] GTs are nothing more over an LX 5.0 aside from fiberglass ground effects -- those do not add up to 200#s/300#s

Where are you getting your weight specs? Edmunds? They use the 4cyl curb weight ;) Take your car to a scale and let us know how it goes. Is your car a notchback or hatchback?

Comment

Originally posted by camaroincal:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:
                          TTIWWOP
                          lol...What's that mean in English? </font>[/QUOTE]this thread is worthless without pictures
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth</a>

Comment

KBEEZY, go to this link and scroll toward the bottom for curb weights.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&usedcarstab

oh my Goth, I'll try to get some pics up in the next week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Also KBEEZY, mine's a hatchback.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                4 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X