I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now* - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a sweet Mustang. :) *pics now*

Ya, just bought a 1988 Mustang LX Saleen clone. It's a nice yellow and looks just like a Saleen of those years. It's a 5 speed with 2.73 gears. The top end was rebuilt about 50,000 miles ago including Cobra heads, port and polish, and GT-40 upper and lower intake. Also has headers of some sort and Flows. It sounds GREAT and...Ya...It's FAST! Even with the 2.73's it hauls. 1988 Mustang LX V8's only weigh a little over 2700 pounds!!! For comparison, a 1988 GT weighs a bit over 3000!! Anyway, I paid $2000. The lady we bought it from had to fork out $500 to get it smogged. It had 2 bad O2 sensors, but runs perfect besides that.

[ September 20, 2005, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: camaroincal ]

cool....cool....any pics yet?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

nope. Soon though maybe within the next week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Also forgot to mention it has an alarm, Koni adjustable shocks and a nice sound system with subs, cd changer etc... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

TTIWWOP

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

They weigh quite a bit more than 2700lbs ;)

Trust me ;) Takes quite a bit of weight reduction to get it knocked down to the sub 3000lbs level. They tend to tip the scales around 3100/3200lbs depending on trim.
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

BTW: Your car is begging for some 4.10s, get the pics up.
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                They weigh quite a bit more than 2700lbs ;)

Trust me ;) Takes quite a bit of weight reduction to get it knocked down to the sub 3000lbs level. They tend to tip the scales around 3100/3200lbs depending on trim.
                It's an lx. Curb weight on an lx with a V8 is around 2750 and the GT is more like 3050. But, Also I forgot to mention the hood is fiberglass. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's hella light, no backseat either and no power windows or steering or air condition.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber:
                  TTIWWOP
                  lol...What's that mean in English?

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                    BTW: Your car is begging for some 4.10s, get the pics up.
                    Ya, 2.73'...but the damn thing still pulls HARD. I took my sis out for a drive in it last night and just drove around regularly til it warmed up then I MASHED it in 2nd and she starting laughing with glee... [img]smile.gif[/img] She was like OMG! haha it was great. In first you can tell the tranny is struggling a little bit but nontheless hangs in there. I gotta get some pics up...too bad I can't make a vid of it. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a weight comparison. Toward the bottom for the weights. And the lowest year KBB goes is '91, but they are basically the same as the 88's...right?

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&usedcarstab

Comment

I have an 86 LX, no AC no heater, manual everything, C4 tranny (lighter than your trans).. Still not below 3000#s.. Trust me, you're WAY off on your curb weight [img]smile.gif[/img] You also forget to factor in your gas and driver [img]smile.gif[/img] GTs are nothing more over an LX 5.0 aside from fiberglass ground effects -- those do not add up to 200#s/300#s

Where are you getting your weight specs? Edmunds? They use the 4cyl curb weight ;) Take your car to a scale and let us know how it goes. Is your car a notchback or hatchback?

Comment

Originally posted by camaroincal:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by vanbibber:
                          TTIWWOP
                          lol...What's that mean in English? </font>[/QUOTE]this thread is worthless without pictures
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth</a>

Comment

KBEEZY, go to this link and scroll toward the bottom for curb weights.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.s...&&&usedcarstab

oh my Goth, I'll try to get some pics up in the next week. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Also KBEEZY, mine's a hatchback.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X