My 1997 GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1997 GTP

Well to keep everyone updated on my GTP.

Fender well intake 9" K&N w/ price stickers still on the "plumbing" parts(now that's ghetto).
    u-bend, cat, resenator replaced with straight pipe.
    intense ported blower housing
    intense machined snout
    zzp supercharger coupler
    intense modular pulley system 3.4" pulley currently

will be installing the autolite 104s, msd wires, and 180* failsafe thermostat this week.

car has almost 160k on it, but runs amazingly.

I've done a bit of routine stuff brakes, valve cover gaskets, tires, maf sensor, etc.

red w/ 35% tint all around with window ventshades.

I may get some pics up in the near future, but just an update.

It pulls harder than my camaro did on the 85 shot.

Heh, aren't GTP's great? Sounds pretty solid. I've got the brakes to do front and rear, after that it's modding time! I'm writing out my plan of attack as I type this post.

Say, did you get inlet and outlet porting done on your ZZP blower housing, or just inlet? How's the quality of work? I'm seriously considering going with inlet/outlet work and their rebuilt/machined snout and coupler.

But first, I'm going to get a full set of new brake rotors and pads front and rear for $150, a FWI w/9" K&N for $80 and I've already got my custom 3" DP with Carsound Cat waiting for install. Brakes first, gotta be able to stop. :D

How long have you had your GTP?
    Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

front rotors & pads are cake. I haven't done rear yet, but it takes that silly special tool that i haven't prived yet. $40 probably, will see if AZ rents them.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. I'll probably buy a shop manual for my car some time in the near future.
        Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

I have an intense ported housing and it's only ported on the exhaust side because I didn't want to bother matching a throttle body to the 75mm port they do on the intake side, but probably will somewhere down the road. I have a lot better throttle response with it and the work looked very good compared to some of the porting work I've seen.

Comment

I'm sure WBodystore.com sells a 75mm TB that retains cruise control. Kinda expensive, I think around $400 but it looks like a good option. I may just get the ZZP ported TB and blower housing (inlet and outlet) and worry about the larger bore of the inlet on the housing later. :D Thanks for the info!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X