Got a 08' Chevy ext. cab Vortec max 6.0 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a 08' Chevy ext. cab Vortec max 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a 08' Chevy ext. cab Vortec max 6.0

So I got a 08' chevy 4X4 for myself for X-mas with 26,XXX miles leather interior power everything with a BOSE system and came with a snug top with is great for me. Came out to around $25,000 with tax ,lic. I will attach some pics for when I was up north in the snow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-11-2011, 08:53 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Got a 08' Chevy ext. cab Vortec max 6.0

Good looking truck, Steve.

Is that crew cab or ext?

EDIT: just noticed your sig; it's an ext.

How is it on fuel?
    Last edited by 1997Canadian3.8; 01-11-2011, 09:28 PM.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
      How is it on fuel?

"What fuel?"

Comment

Thanks,not too bad on fuel ( getting ready to flash it with Hptuners to get alittle more out of it) , it has a economy mode which is great. Also having a 26 gal. tank is nice too. I'll take some better pics once its cleaned up and have the dual exhaust on it with the Dynomax turbo muffler with some Gibson polished turn downs on it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sweet truck! Silverado is the way to go!
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

So... Wanna race? Congrats on FINALLY buying a truck. You probably won't regret it. I know I'd much rather drive my truck than my F-body every day.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
              So... Wanna race? Congrats on FINALLY buying a truck. You probably won't regret it. I know I'd much rather drive my truck than my F-body every day.

Thanks man I wish i could of afforded your truck you were selling. I'll always race,LOL win or lose doesn't matter, its just fun to do. I can finally work on my Camaro now to get the turbo on and some other parts so I'm pretty happy. Feels like I'm in a tank when driving the truck , so I like driving it also I know i want to do some headers, exhaust and CAI on the truck and just do the programing and thats it not too worried how fast it is. As long as it gets me to point A to B without breaking down.LOL Whats done to your truck Bird fo prey?
              Last edited by ssms5411; 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Absolutely nothing. I have no desire to drive a modified vehicle daily anymore. I'd completely hate my life if I had a loud exhaust on the truck. The only things I might do are:

Powder coat all the chrome black
                Denali Grill
                Running boards (it's a jump to get in the damned thing)
                Wheels
                New head unit so I can have a damned back up camera

I'll probably do that this spring.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Looks great steve, can't wait to see the turbo setup ;)
                  Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                  1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                  1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                  2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                    Absolutely nothing. I have no desire to drive a modified vehicle daily anymore. I'd completely hate my life if I had a loud exhaust on the truck. The only things I might do are:

Powder coat all the chrome black
                    Denali Grill
                    Running boards (it's a jump to get in the damned thing)
                    Wheels
                    New head unit so I can have a damned back up camera

I'll probably do that this spring.
                    I was lucky to get the polished side rails already on it, also 18" chrome rims , I plan on installing a desiel resonater on it to quiet it down when the exhaust goes on, I just want the dual tips out back and since I already have all the exhaust parts , might as well use them. I was looking at Headman headers for around $400 so I might do it all at once. I'll be keeping the CATS on this though. Then I'm done.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                      Looks great steve, can't wait to see the turbo setup ;)
                      Thanks give me about a good 4-5 months or less since its still cold and I'll be only working until my back hurts and stopping for the day at a time. U have to wire up the meathonal and a extra Aerforce gauge also.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        I was lucky to get the polished side rails already on it, also 18" chrome rims , I plan on installing a desiel resonater on it to quiet it down when the exhaust goes on, I just want the dual tips out back and since I already have all the exhaust parts , might as well use them. I was looking at Headman headers for around $400 so I might do it all at once. I'll be keeping the CATS on this though. Then I'm done.LOL
                        Lol how many times did you say you were done with your camaro? :) LOL
                        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

What is this done? That's like saying you're done breathing... blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                            Lol how many times did you say you were done with your camaro? :) LOL
                            I'll never be done with the Camaro, still needs a 9" rear and built trans after the turbo. Also rebuild the top of the engine for the new heads and whatnot. LOL

Comment

WHen you're in the truck you don't care too much for HP you want the TQ!!!

Very nice truck, Steve. Congrats. You finally did it.

Why do you have snow? You live in mid. Arizona don't you?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X