your front grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: your front grille

agreed. i used to have it zip tied on for a while too but it was lower and i kept scraping the plate and actually ripped it off pulling into a friend's parking lot once----had to go.

but how i wish i didn't have to have it at all...
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

hey...I have to say the two plates was probably the worst thing about moving to Ontario from Quebec for me. I just zip tied it to my front bumpter cover and luckily it worked out on my magnum.

When I was looking into it tho, I came across a great solution. It's a retractable plate that mounts under the car and is made specifically for Corvettes. It's on a swivel which can be moved up or down...they sell manual and automatic (wired) ones. They're on Ebay:

manually retractable:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORVE...Q5fAccessories

powered:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORVE...Q5fAccessories

There's also a website that sells them specifically for Mustangs...but I'll have to look that up and post it later. I know a few guys who have put the corvette one's on their Magnums without any issues.

Comment

I was looking into those to avoid paying 407 tolls lol...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

i put mine in my windshield. i did the grill like a month ago and have had no problems with it. knock on wood. but i dont like the looks with the plate. but it doesnt look bad bolted on the bumper

Comment

Originally posted by solocamaro95 View Post
            x2! f ohio i hate my plate on the front it looks so much better with out it on im thinking about getting a grille and mounting it on the air dam under the car i see a lot of ohio f-body guys around here doing that that's a option for you
            i think im one of the few who still have thiers on where its supposed to be LOL. i wont move mine until i decide to repaint the car. that way i can get teh goddamned holes filled so it dont look like ****.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

well mine is where its supposed to be i dont like it but i dont want the ticket lol

Comment

me either, been there paid that bs 85 bucks.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

Are there any points on your license with it?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

nope. its a non moving violation.

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

Just got pulled over for the first time since having it off for about a year. Got stopped at a seat belt check here in Jersey, missed the light by 1 car or I would have made it through. Cop gave me a look, walked to the back of the car, then told me to pull over. I just had to pay a $54 ticket, no points or anything. The plate will probably stay off the car. That fake order sheet sounds like an awesome idea though if it works, I might look into that haha

Comment

I've gotten like 5 warnings for front license plate. The last time he asked where my front license plate was.. I told him my trunk. He said that's not where it belongs, I said Yeah I know. Then he gave me directions to where I was going. I keep it on my dash so they don't have to ask where it's at.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                          #1 reason why i wouldnt even look at buying a home in nj when we were buying
                          you cant be serious. Thats retarded...
                          1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                          1994 Camaro - Sold
                          1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs View Post
                            you cant be serious. Thats retarded...
                            lmao!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Mine's in my trunk too, in the little hiding spot where the spare tire used to be. Cop didn't let it fly.

Comment

TomRs, thats too funny.

MA requires two plates. I just zip tie mine on the front for the annual inspection, then take it off once i get the sticker. I was pulled over once for something else and told him its in the back. With my luck, I'm felt it best not to lie to a cop. I just got a warning.
                                69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X