your front grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your front grille

I just got the front of the car repainted so I have no plate on it for the time being...over here in Ontario we are required to have 2 plates on the vehicle...I am contemplating getting the billet grille for the front, so I'd like to see some pictures of how you guys are mounting your front licence plates on your car (for those that have them) and more specifically on 93-97 camaros...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: your front grille

Blah, i'm required to have a front license plate too but.. man. That's tough. There's no good place really. They all look tacky.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i said F you ohio and took the front plate off stuck it in the windshield.. trooper pulled me over because i had it in my windshield... he said put it under the seat he didn't want to pull it out of my skull down the road ( no ticket no warning) so i took it out of my windshield haven't been pulled over for it since.. goin on 3 years now
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

they're pretty strict on us here in VA, as much as i drive i dont take my chances getting pulled over so a cop can check everything out on the 'maro...

i went with the slp bracket method with my billet:
        [IMG][/IMG]

still not pretty, but it does the job.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I wouldn't recommend the way mine is mounted...Just screwed into the bumper cover. I just kept it that way because the idiot who owned it last did it. I had my front plate off for a couple days because I broke my frame painting it.. on my way to the store to get a new one i was pulled over and issued a $147 (fix-it luckily) ticket. I'll pass on getting pulled over.

This is what it looks like..

and the only straight front shot i have with the license plate on..:P
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
            i said F you ohio and took the front plate off stuck it in the windshield.. trooper pulled me over because i had it in my windshield... he said put it under the seat he didn't want to pull it out of my skull down the road ( no ticket no warning) so i took it out of my windshield haven't been pulled over for it since.. goin on 3 years now
            x2! f ohio i hate my plate on the front it looks so much better with out it on im thinking about getting a grille and mounting it on the air dam under the car i see a lot of ohio f-body guys around here doing that that's a option for you

Comment

Originally posted by solocamaro95 View Post
              x2! f ohio i hate my plate on the front it looks so much better with out it on im thinking about getting a grille and mounting it on the air dam under the car i see a lot of ohio f-body guys around here doing that that's a option for you
              mounting it to the underneath air damn is not a conspicous place...its actually less conspicous then the windshield...I cant see how you wouldnt get a ticket for it down under the car there, but get one for it in the windshield...

Comment

move to a state where u dont need front plate

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
                  move to a state where u dont need front plate
                  not an option...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    not an option...
                    i kinda figured tht :(....well, good luck

Comment

what about mounting it to air damn under the bumper. It will probably drag on everything but its on your car still :)
                      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

front plates are required here in MO and i have only gotten pulled over once for it. what i did is made a very legit looking order sheet from hawks third gen by pasting their logo on to a word document and made it look like i have purchased the slp plate bracket and "hardware" and it is on backorder. since i dont drive the car much but once a month or so i change the date on the fake backorder notice every time i get in the car. if i get pulled over i tell the cop i just got some work done and im waiting on parts to mount the plate. it has worked so far. i may be able to post it up so you can see what im saying.

Comment

#1 reason why i wouldnt even look at buying a home in nj when we were buying
                          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I jimmied up my licence plate into my window with some suction cups...it's pretty secure...I think I might just leave it there...looking to get my billet grille soon, maybe I can zip tie it off that, depends on how much it sticks off of the front there...

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                              they're pretty strict on us here in VA, as much as i drive i dont take my chances getting pulled over so a cop can check everything out on the 'maro...

i went with the slp bracket method with my billet:

still not pretty, but it does the job.
                              that actually doesnt look too bad.. or at least it looks WAY better than having the plate in the center of the grill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X