Holy hell I wasn't expecting this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy hell I wasn't expecting this

Not a huge topic or anything but jesus it's hard getting the timing cover off. I wish I had my air ratchet from work. I only managed to get the water pump, tensioner assembly, and balancer pulley off. So yeah I didn't drain the coolant out of the block which I sorta regret seeing as I quit to let most of it dry. Isn't there a knock sensor or somethin somewhere I should pull to drain it?

lmao, btw I also took off some of the AC hoses cause they were gettin in my way and I totally didn't do that properly either. No huge spillage though.. just a little damaged ozone.

My only regret is that I didn't have money for better heads so I didn't get a cam this year either and I'm gonna have to do all this over again. I should be faster next time seeing as I'm learning as I go. Oh and rack me up to a broken coolant elbow. What's the part number on those again? I'll go look around.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Holy hell I wasn't expecting this

it should only take a few hours to get everything apart. sucks that you've ran into problems. it sucks when nothing works out the way you'd like
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The knock sensors are located on the sides of the block underneath the exhaust manifolds. Once you detach the wire and unscrew them, they might be a little clogged. You might need to stick a screwdriver in the hole to unclog the blockage. Make sure you have your drain pan ready.
      69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Hell it's exactly the way I expected it to happen. I didn't think I'd get through this without any little problems here or there. I even got my new crankshaft position sensor in today which I had to replace because at first, I didn't know wtf I was doin to get the balancer pulley off. I know better now.

Yeah Den, I figured that's what they were yesterday but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to start pulling components off that I wasn't positive about. Hypocritical of the balancer pulley I know. But I'm havin a blast doin all this. I do need to find those coolant pump elbows though (thermostat bypass valves), I went to autozone today and that guy had no idea what I was talking about.. as usual.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X