How often do you change your tranny fluid/filter? (Auto) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you change your tranny fluid/filter? (Auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How often do you change your tranny fluid/filter? (Auto)

For a minute there I thought he was talking to himself Then I read the screen names.

Talking to yourself while changin transmission filters and fluid FTW!!!!!!!

Comment

I plan on doing mine when I do all the other changes (oil, air filter .... etc)

Comment

man you guys are making me parnoid...I havent changed mine yet since I bought it with 154,000km on it and Im not at 184,000 and I dont know that the guy who had it before changed it, but its still pink...I think Im gunna change it next oil change now....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yes, be paranoid! I know youve seen the threads here in the lounge about ppls tranny dieing. Well lets bet they never changed anything (which kind of makes it thier fault). You should deff do it, and its very easy! GL
          sigpic
          98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Errrr... when i had an oil change back in august the guy said i should most likely get a tranny oil change or it'll start burning (or w/e).. but it was like 150 bux so i said FU. Now 7000 miles latter i'm starting to wonder...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27 View Post
              Errrr... when i had an oil change back in august the guy said i should most likely get a tranny oil change or it'll start burning (or w/e).. but it was like 150 bux so i said FU. Now 7000 miles latter i'm starting to wonder...
              You should deff try it. If you can change the oil, you cant pretty much do this your self. $150 is deff a rip off, parts are like $12! And I know you dont want to get a quote on the tranny.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                You should deff try it. If you can change the oil, you cant pretty much do this your self. $150 is deff a rip off, parts are like $12! And I know you dont want to get a quote on the tranny.
                Unfortunately i don't have a level surface to jack the car where i live... or even jacks for that matter.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27 View Post
                  Unfortunately i don't have a level surface to jack the car where i live... or even jacks for that matter.
                  I just did a whole bunch of stuff to my car right out in the street. All you need is a cheap jack and one jack stand. Unless you seriously cant find a level surface anywhere. Any friends house maybe? You really need to do it. I know you dont want to wiat till that tranny is slipping!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, got my car 3 years ago with 59,000 and now sits at 80,800 with no tranny fluid change. TCC and PCM are causing it to hesitate some, but nothing more. Huh... you guys are starting to make me a little nervous. lol.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      Well, got my car 3 years ago with 59,000 and now sits at 80,800 with no tranny fluid change. TCC and PCM are causing it to hesitate some, but nothing more. Huh... you guys are starting to make me a little nervous. lol.
                      I think I forgot to mention:

My tranny burned up at 75K! Had to get a new one...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                        I think I forgot to mention:

My tranny burned up at 75K! Had to get a new one...
                        Ouch... well, mine's still running strong. Maybe shifting a little firmer. Just too lazy to go have that part replaced while it sits. I have til May. :D
                        '99 Camaro
                        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X