V8 gas mileage is not the same as V6 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V8 gas mileage is not the same as V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V8 gas mileage is not the same as V6

I made 24mpg going to Trenton and back in my freakin 86 T/A carbed 350 that C5 is F'ed up

Comment

actually they do...they make more power...so therefor your use less gas to go fast

Comment

on the other end, my buddies 08 lancer evo with turbo'd 2.0L is rated at 22 highway...
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

My T/A gets around the same on the highway as my heads and cam V6 did.. 28-30mpg.. Thats with me cruising using skip shift and everything.. around town is were my gas miles suck.. I get between 250-275mpt in the T/A around town, in my V6 around town I was getting 350-375mpt.
          Jeff ..
          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

wasnt bashing the V6 but my LS1 does get better gas mileage and it has a TON more miles on it

if you drive "normally" you never need to rev it above 1.5-2K to keep up with traffic
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I am not bashing the v6... I have seen it with my own 2 eyes... My v6 in the 5-speed, sat at like 2500 in 5th gear on the highway... The C5, sat like 650, it was almost idling at a ~80ish. I could drive it around town, without taking the revs up and still be ahead of traffic.

You are just dumb to think it doesn't, its been proven over and over and over and over again.

Why woudl I make these numbers up, I don't own an ls1, in fact, it just made me depressed about my 3.8L, and hell even my G6.

Car ****ing ran 13.2@109, with a ****ty 60' for me, all stock except for a replacement paper air filter. Got better gast then my v6, and not like 1-2mpg, it was getting 25-27 city, I saw 18-20 city. here is the best part, when you get "daddy's" vetter for almost 2 weeks, I didn;t "baby it" I romped the **** out of the ****er and still got ok gas mileage. But nothing and I mean nothing can touch it on ht highway.

Comment

nothing like comparing a 6sp car that weighs less to a heavier car w/only 5spds. wtf?????

bibby, 0mpg is 0mpg. if your car doesn't run, then that's the best mpg EVAH!!!!!!

fwiw, I got 35mpg in my 94 3.4 5spd w/3.42's hwy, w/over 132k on it.
                1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go
                  nothing like comparing a 6sp car that weighs less to a heavier car w/only 5spds. wtf?????

bibby, 0mpg is 0mpg. if your car doesn't run, then that's the best mpg EVAH!!!!!!

fwiw, I got 35mpg in my 94 3.4 5spd w/3.42's hwy, w/over 132k on it.

My 3.4L seemed to do 27-28 mpg hwy, 22ish city... when it ran like **** or I got on it ,16-18. Guy that bought my old 3.4L got 22/30ish out of it.

All the LS based vehicles, get better gasmileage then any competitor they have.

Comment

my 94 3.4 A4 gets 18 city and 22 highway after a recent tune-up...and that's going easy on the peddle. They talk about factory freaks...I must have a factory dog.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X