Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's

So have you called the guy to tell him what happened?

Id try to get $ back somehow.

Sucks :tdown:
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      that would be another 100-150 for gears, and another 300+ for install, so that would just put him other 400+ in the hole...not exactly worth it, esp. considering he's planning on selling the car shortly
      well if thats the case, what the hell is the point in swapping a new rear w/ lsd if the car is going to be sold then? you've already spent the money to swap the **** in, might as well finish it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Yeah, I'd definitely contact the guy with your story. That's messed up if he said it was 342s and he gave you 273s..
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
          why not just buy a new gear set for it?
          The reason I got this was to replace the pinion gear I broke for cheaper than a gear install and do a "free" LSD upgrade also.

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
          that would be another 100-150 for gears, and another 300+ for install, so that would just put him other 400+ in the hole...not exactly worth it, esp. considering he's planning on selling the car shortly
          This is correct. I still have other issues with car that I havn't fixed yet and the buyer is going to take the car the way it is so I dont have to fix them. I really tghink its time to cut my losses on this car. I'm well over 20k on this car and its worth about 10% of that so if I can recoup 15% or so with selling car and parts I'm gonna jump on it. If for whatever reason I dont sell it, I'll get computer recalibrated and use it as a work car seeing I drive about 60 miles total a day to work and most of it is interstate.

Originally posted by ninety4three4
          did you ask the guy if it was an auto or a stick cause that would have told you right there, sucks that you didnt get what you wanted just gotta check those kinda things first, you should try and get your money back since you said you wanted 3.42's and you didnt get that, probably wont work but worth a try
          No, I didn't ask about auto or stick because I know 2.73's were only in auto but I thought 3.42's were in both. It was so long ago that I bought rear end nor do I have a receipt so I havn't called. Can't really call a junk yard and complain about a part can you? Think it would be wasted time

Originally posted by vanbibber
          well if thats the case, what the hell is the point in swapping a new rear w/ lsd if the car is going to be sold then? you've already spent the money to swap the **** in, might as well finish it.
          Hadn't planned on selling car when I started swapping in new rear but things happen and new situations arise.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          Yeah, I'd definitely contact the guy with your story. That's messed up if he said it was 342s and he gave you 273s..
          If you owned a junkyard/garage and a guy called you 7 months later and said you sold him the wrong thing would you gladly swap what he had for something else? You'd think you were being scammed.

To be honest its not worth the hassle of pulling rearend out again either. It wasn't hard but I work alot of hours and taking time off to work on car is not as easy as it once was.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

just trying to be optimistic here, once u get the gear ratio tuned won't u be enjoying some solid highway mpg??

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
              just trying to be optimistic here, once u get the gear ratio tuned won't u be enjoying some solid highway mpg??
              already am, just dont know what exactly it is.

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Well the guy started stalling on me so I just told him to forget it. I'm keeping the bird :banana: Got some things to do to it but shouldn't be too long until its where I want it to be as my DD. I'll be off this summer, so I'll be installing headers then so even better gas mileage and little more power to get the car moving down the road. I removed everything aftermarket off car last week so I guess I need to install it all again in the near future.

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X