Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's

So in my quest for swapping my rearend I called and called local places and on some advice I got ahold of a place that use to specialize in F-bodys. I told the guy I was looking for a 93-97 rearend out of a V8 with 3.42's in it and he said he had one and it would be $250. I went over there and spent a while cleaning it up and painting it and all the other stuff. Then I had other issues so I never really drove the car. Well I finally took the car out to other than the gas station and guess what. The car is slow as hell!! I jacked the car up yesterday and counted the rotation of driveshaft to rotation of tires, and guess what, it went around 2.73 times. When I was crawling under the car I thought it was going to be 3.08's and I was thinking how mad I was gonna be, boy was I in for a surprise. So now my speedo is way off, it says I'm going way slower than I actually am and the car has no balls. I was going about 70 on highway this morning and downshifted to 4th while going up a hill to pass a semi and the car accelerated like I was in 5th doing 40. So for my quest of a dd to take to the track I have made a dd with rediculous gas mileage and slow as piss. I have removed all the aftermarket stuff I could and put stock stuff back on and am going to be selling the car to a co-worker for 2500 and selling aftermarket stuff on here once the car is gone. Only thing I'm leaving on is aluminum drive shaft because the 2 piece was not stored properly and has rusted because I had planned on tossing it. I allready agreed to sell car to him before I found out the highway gears were in it so as long as he doesn't back out, the car is gone. If he backs out I'm going to keep the car as my work car and put some of the stuff back on to increase gas mileage but I really dont think thats gonna happen.

:poke:
    On side note I asked the guy if I he wanted me to get some stock 5 star wheels instead of my wheels and he said no, he likes the wheels on it.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: Guy sold me 2.73's instead of 3.42's

why didn't you check the ratio before buying it?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      why didn't you check the ratio before buying it?
      It was out of car when I got there and he was highly recommended by local forum so I trusted he knew what he was doing and not rip me off. Basically boils down to I F'ed up for trusting him

At that time I knew the RPO codes, but not the turn driveshaft to get wheel tires to spin, way to check it.

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

welp...hope you learned your lesson about inspecting any car part before buying it

Comment

welp...hope you learned your lesson about inspecting any car part before buying it
          I think he understood that before you had to rub it in, stop being a tard.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
            I think he understood that before you had to rub it in, stop being a tard.
            That must be a bad joke or something, because you cannot be serious if you're talking to me about rubbing something in, Mr. Brady sig

Comment

look on the bright side.. yeah it's slow as piss but once you get it wound out your getting good gas mileage :rolleyes:

Comment

That must be a bad joke or something, because you cannot be serious if you're talking to me about rubbing something in, Mr. Brady sig

...that suxs though lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

they are supposed to give u a VIN that the original car came with...thats what i did and thats how i knew my rear end was out of a 6spd with 3.42s

Comment

shoulda, coulda, woulda....... live and learn I guess. Next time I'll know how to check on the spot.:cool:

TEAM BLACK!!!
                    parting her out

Comment

why not just buy a new gear set for it?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Theres a difference between busting balls, and making someone look stupid after the fact they just admitted to being stupid. Its like kicking someone when their already down, its a b**** move. I wouldn't expect less from you tho.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                          why not just buy a new gear set for it?
                          that would be another 100-150 for gears, and another 300+ for install, so that would just put him other 400+ in the hole...not exactly worth it, esp. considering he's planning on selling the car shortly
                          Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                          Theres a difference between busting balls, and making someone look stupid after the fact they just admitted to being stupid. Its like kicking someone when their already down, its a b**** move. I wouldn't expect less from you tho.
                          If you're trying to insult me, the phrase you're looking for is "I wouldn't expect better from you."

Comment

owned. lmao!

Comment

did you ask the guy if it was an auto or a stick cause that would have told you right there, sucks that you didnt get what you wanted just gotta check those kinda things first, you should try and get your money back since you said you wanted 3.42's and you didnt get that, probably wont work but worth a try

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
                              89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X