Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this a scam-selling old wheels

Scammer prob based in East Africa.. ditch them
    2000 Firebird.. Whisper lid, Custom exhaust, FRA mod, MSD Coil packs, MSD wires, TCI 3000 stall verter, TSP mail order tune. No times as of yet waiting for the track to open

Comment

East Africans need wheels too...

Lounge Moderator

Comment

LOL, he just sent an email saying hes sending a check for $4,000 for some $100 wheels lol. I'm just gonna take the check to the popo's. Scammers piss me off.

Comment

Yea man i hear you. I like to mess with people on craigslist all the time. Here is an e-mail a guy sent me because he had his BMW ($27,000 car) listed for $3,300. and i just wanted to see his response:

Hello there,

Sorry for my delayed response, but I'm a soldier detached in England for a long time and I have been very busy for the last couple of days. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying my BMW. The car is located in US right now and has US papers. Why is the price so low? I had to move out of USA because of my job and I am going through a divorce. So all that I want to do now is sell the car at this price, because I need to sell it fast. The car is fully payed and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car in the States.

I will tell you a few words about my car:
          VIN#: WBAAV33431FU84215 Miles: 66,300
          Engine: 6 Cylinders Transmission: Automanual
          It is in immaculate condition, no scratch, no need for additional repairs, and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs very well. The interior looks great. The title is clear and on my name, it is not a salvage one. I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. I already have tones of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. The car is ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me.

The price is $3,300 USD! THIS IS MY LAST PRICE! I will not negotiate the price!
          Also, I take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I'm not waisting my time with endless discussions. This way, I'll be assured of the serious intentions.
          So if you are interested please email me!

Please click here for more photos:
          http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...t38/?start=all

Kind Regards,
          Mike Stephenson
          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

they make it so obvious to i love it hahha
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Yeah, im thinking this is a scam my friend. The question is, why the heck would anyone try to scam for salad shooters that are 75 bucks, what a Du Mass'. But yea they' re probably Nigerian I heard of this scam before. Even came on Dateline, and like someone said, you don't have to sell it to them.

Edit.

I love that post that is two above mine, you can notice a lot of english discrepancies, that normal english speaking people don't make. If you ever learned other languages you know what I mean.
              Last edited by DeAmaro; 01-25-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I will gladly pay you tuesday for a set of salad shooters today....wimpy..the o.g. conman btw where you located i might be interested

Comment

i tried selling a car on craigslist last year. I must have got at least 25 emails written similar to the one posted by ryanandbob...poorly written with terms we don't use in english (e.g. automanual). Its a scam. Something they all kept asking was 'is this your last price?'...last price this, last price that...annoying as hell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X