Is this a scam-selling old wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a scam-selling old wheels

Ok so I put these rims on craigslist, nothing special just my old salad shooter wheels. So i get a response asking about the condition and I told them okayish and that I would take $75 for all 4 wheels. I get a new email today asking for my contact info and address. well **** im just gonna copy and paste the email...have a look.

Hello,
    Thanks so much for your quick pesponse .I want you to know that i'm highly interested in the 16'' camaro salad shooter wheels..I ought to come and check it out with the cash but i am busy, cos i'm presently in an Engineering training in Orlando Florida, i would love you to know that i would be making my payment through Certified check which will be drawn from a reputable Bank here in US which will also be an overpayment,and as for the shipping and hauliage services my Mover would be at ur door for the pick up after the payment is being cleared by the bank,so pls let me have your phone #, full name and the address to send the payment to,till i read from you,have alovely day... in case you want to mail my shipper,this is their address namacoshipings@yahoo.com . Pls send the information asap so that the check will be sent to you asap,i really want the item before the end of this Month cos i'm moving as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Does this seem like some kind of a scam or does this seem legit? I've heard of the whole long distance scam thing and just wondering if this is some kind of variation or something. Thanks in advance...The email is above is a direct copy and paste. Notice they never asked for pics or anything.

Re: Is this a scam-selling old wheels

That sounds seedy...:(

Lounge Moderator

Comment

well you always have the option to turn him down

Comment

I agree ****ty thing is I already send them my info......If u delete an email in the "sent" folder does it delete it from the person you send it too. Just wondering lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefcake
          I agree ****ty thing is I already send them my info......If u delete an email in the "sent" folder does it delete it from the person you send it too. Just wondering lol.
          DUDE, no f'ing way you sent your info to this scammer!!!! he is a f'ing prick! The whole letter smell scam all over. Why didn't u wait till our responses in this thread and then decide what you're gonna do. What info did u send him so far?

:)
          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beefcake
            If u delete an email in the "sent" folder does it delete it from the person you send it too.
            Unfortunately no.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

i think you will be fine as long as you dont transact

Comment

Lol, wow...

Yeah I wouldnt send him anymore information and just forget you talked to him.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

it's a scam...and a rather poor one.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                    it's a scam...and a rather poor one.

Welcome back :tup:
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Yep, sounds like a scam to me. Those craigslist scams piss me off.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i just had a scammer do the same thing when i sold something on craigslist. i fell for it and sent my info, with in 2 days i had a certified check, for $2300..... for a $175 bike. i knew there was something wrong even before i got the check, i emailed him and told him not to send it but he just ignored it and acted like everything was good to go and sent me the check. the check was printed in hawaii, and then mailed from nevada the SAME day. he told me some BS that he would have his own "shipper" come pick the bike up, he gave me some phoney address that i traced back to being a pizza shop in chicago.... printed out all the emails that were sent and took the check and everything else he sent me to the bank and they are investigating it.... basically he doesnt want your wheels, he just wants to send you a check for say...$2300 and tell you to deduct the money for the wheels and then wire him the rest back, once the check comes up as being fake, which it will, you will be responsible for its full amount and even face jail time for trying to pass it, the scammer makes out with all that money you just sent him and probably wont send his "shipper" for the wheels. Just a word of advice if you sell on craigslist put in your add you only take cash or pay-pal and you do NOT alow buyers to arrange shipping. You must ship, or dont offer shipping at all. then most scamers wont try to bother you...

Comment

yup, this happens all the time. Just get the check and take it to the police station.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, i'm good as long as this dude doesn't try to come kill me or something....thats all I was worried about lol. I scammed him right back too, I sent him an email saying I dropped the price again!!! and that they are ready to come and get. I'm just gonna take his phoney check to the police station.

Comment

I doubt he'll try to come to kill you. He's probably in Nigeria or something.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X