Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a dope (Traffic light cameras)

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
    ^that's because you're comparing apples to oranges. The camera doesn't stop the car, take the driver's license, run his record, and have him sign the ticket. All they have is a picture of YOUR vehicle running a red light. A better comparison would be to getting a parking ticket or getting the car towed.
    Yea i suppose

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by 96fbody
      yah, down here [orlando,fl]... they have a sign at the light that says [$183.50 fine for running the light... blah blah blah] near valencia community college. ive run it once, with no ticket yet. but i know by personal experience that not all of them are false.
      haha they are all over... I think there is a law in FL that they cannot use them yet, but they have them in place...

though... on Lake underhill/alafaya... the other day FHP was doing loops and picking off people left and right.

They also had like a speed trap at waterford

Comment

it all depends, if the light is set up correctly you should not get a ticket if you were out in the intersection when the light changed it is only supposed to take your pic if you pull out after the light changes.
        1. Light changes from yellow to red
        2. System armed
        3. someone breaks the beam pulling out into intersection (running red light)
        4. Picture taken you just got a ticket if the license plate was readable.

this is supposed to prevent people from getting tickets if they are under the light when it changes and prevent any errors.
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
          it all depends, if the light is set up correctly you should not get a ticket if you were out in the intersection when the light changed it is only supposed to take your pic if you pull out after the light changes.
          1. Light changes from yellow to red
          2. System armed
          3. someone breaks the beam pulling out into intersection (running red light)
          4. Picture taken you just got a ticket if the license plate was readable.

this is supposed to prevent people from getting tickets if they are under the light when it changes and prevent any errors.
          Well, the bad thing is I sped up to beat the light, (which is why im a dope) and the light changed probably the same time I was passed the line where you should stop. I read online that the camera arms half a second after the light changes. So basically I just have to wait and see if I get a ticket, no way of knowing.
          2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X