I'm a dope (Traffic light cameras)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a dope (Traffic light cameras)

Has anyone ever gotten a ticket from running a red light and a camera taking a picture of your car? I passed the light as it turned red today and I can't stop worrying about this now.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: I'm a dope (Traffic light cameras)

My moms done it before by accident but nothing ever happened..

Comment

^^ did it have a camera? Most lights don't have the systems installed. Around here, they are just starting to put a few in certain intersections.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

a few weeks ago i was driving home from playing hockey at like 11:30 at night. i was really tired/delirious. i was sitting at a red light, and randomly decided to just drive through it. as i was like halfway through i was like "WHAT AM I DOING????" and stopped, but i was already most of the way, so i just kept going.

no ticket yet.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

it depends on your area...not all intersections/cities even have cameras. Alot of the time, people mistake the little tiny boxes ontop of the lights for cameras, but in actuality, they're signal receivers so that emergency vehicles can change the light as their coming up to it.

Even if you do get a ticket, it'll probably be the type you don't even have to go to court for. Just hold off on buying little nicknacks for yourself and pay the ticket, if it comes

Comment

yah, down here [orlando,fl]... they have a sign at the light that says [$183.50 fine for running the light... blah blah blah] near valencia community college. ive run it once, with no ticket yet. but i know by personal experience that not all of them are false.

Comment

i've never got one. they installed alot around my area of philly since we have 3 of the top 5 worst intersection in the usa. #1 is right around the corner from my work, my mom got a ticket there
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                it depends on your area...not all intersections/cities even have cameras. Alot of the time, people mistake the little tiny boxes ontop of the lights for cameras, but in actuality, they're signal receivers so that emergency vehicles can change the light as their coming up to it
                exactly... they pick up the strobe light from the front of the emergency vehicles. You will usually notice these a large intersections and near hospital intersections.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

did u see any flash? because they do, at least around my area and search online for your cities red light cameras. For example fox news website for my area gives list and locations of these cameras.

Comment

If you got the ticket, couldn't you just claim it wasn't you driving? Whats the burden of proof on those things?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                      If you got the ticket, couldn't you just claim it wasn't you driving? Whats the burden of proof on those things?
                      it'll go to whomever the car is registered under...in other words, whoever's name is connected to the plate, gets the ticket. Even if you say it wasn't you driving, they'll still say you're responsible for the ticket since your vehicle is your responsibility.

Unless you lie and say something like "it was stolen that day."

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                        it'll go to whomever the car is registered under...in other words, whoever's name is connected to the plate, gets the ticket. Even if you say it wasn't you driving, they'll still say you're responsible for the ticket since your vehicle is your responsibility.

Unless you lie and say something like "it was stolen that day."
                        But if your friend is driving the car and he gets pulled over for speeding hes the one who gets the ticket..

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                        R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

yea... but they don't really ask, they mail you a ticket due to the owner of the car... and ive never seen a real one... we have one traffic light in my town :)

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                            yea... but they don't really ask, they mail you a ticket due to the owner of the car... and ive never seen a real one... we have one traffic light in my town :)
                            Mmm.. i've always thought ticket by mail was a bunch of bull****.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                              But if your friend is driving the car and he gets pulled over for speeding hes the one who gets the ticket..
                              ^that's because you're comparing apples to oranges. The camera doesn't stop the car, take the driver's license, run his record, and have him sign the ticket. All they have is a picture of YOUR vehicle running a red light. A better comparison would be to getting a parking ticket or getting the car towed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X