Run flat tires? Not exactly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Run flat tires? Not exactly.

I had this happen to me on my old blazer...

when i bought it, the tires on it were balanced with teh wrong type of wheel weights. So, if I parked it so that it pressed down on just the right area of the tire, it would leak. About once every month or so, i would walk out to my truck in the morning to a flat tire....

Also had a problem where the valve stem was leaking slightly, but it would only leak if you touched it a certain way... you would hear an audible hiss that would only stop by moving the stem around for a bit.

Make a mental note next time to see where on the tire the weight is sitting when you walk out and its flat.... Good chance that has something to do with it..
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

my vote goes to a little crack that only lets air out under heavy load
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
        I had this happen to me on my old blazer...

when i bought it, the tires on it were balanced with teh wrong type of wheel weights. So, if I parked it so that it pressed down on just the right area of the tire, it would leak. About once every month or so, i would walk out to my truck in the morning to a flat tire....

Also had a problem where the valve stem was leaking slightly, but it would only leak if you touched it a certain way... you would hear an audible hiss that would only stop by moving the stem around for a bit.

Make a mental note next time to see where on the tire the weight is sitting when you walk out and its flat.... Good chance that has something to do with it..
        Crap. This way means I will only be able to troubleshoot this issue when the tire is flat. And I have an 8 hour (one way) ski trip planned in January or February. That doesn't instill much confidence in my tires. Oh well...I guess it is what it is. Thanks for the advice, gang.
        2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
          Crap. This way means I will only be able to troubleshoot this issue when the tire is flat. And I have an 8 hour (one way) ski trip planned in January or February. That doesn't instill much confidence in my tires. Oh well...I guess it is what it is. Thanks for the advice, gang.
          have an air compressor handy...just pump her back up...you can get those ones that plug into your cig lighter for like 20$ or something cheap like that...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I'll put that in the hatch next to the new tire iron I had to buy when the cheap one GM gave me stripped out from using it so many times. :)
            2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X