Run flat tires? Not exactly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run flat tires? Not exactly.

So I go out to the garage yesterday and my Camaro is sitting on the rim. The right driver's side tire is flat. No biggie. I drive a S-10 during the week for work so I just take the tire off and throw it into the bed of the truck. I take it back to the Firestone place and drop it off. The guy calls me later and says there's nothing wrong with the tire. They aired it up, dunked it, and everything was as good as new. No holes, no leaks, no break in the bead. I've heard of ice breaking the bead but it was 70 degrees today. I was wearing short sleeves! The tire guy had no idea why it was flat. The car hasn't left the garage in weeks. I moved it out of the garage the other day to replace the rear brake pads and it was perfect then.

What's weird is the last time I drove it, the passenger side rear tire felt spongy. When I got a few more miles down the road, I stopped at a gas station and it was almost flat. I aired it up and it has been fine ever since. Has anyone else seen tires with no holes that just decide to deflate themselves for no reason? I'm starting to think my garage is haunted!
    2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Re: Run flat tires? Not exactly.

I've heard of rims being dirty causing flat tires....kept happening to this girl at work until a place cleaned the rim up...maybe its that? otherwise I dunno....move to a new house lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      I've heard of rims being dirty causing flat tires....kept happening to this girl at work until a place cleaned the rim up...maybe its that? otherwise I dunno....move to a new house lol
      Dirt? On MY baby? Hahahahah I don't think so. ;)

Comment

sudden change in weather?

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
          sudden change in weather?
          Nope. It's been warm here for months. It's supposed to get cold here soon but it's been very nice since August. Before that it was just smoldering hot!

Comment

maybe ur ex gf/bf took the air out? bad valve stems?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
              bad valve stems?
              Tiny hairline crack in the innertube??

Comment

yea i bet someone was ****ing with you

funny story...my friend walked out from work to find all 4 of his tires were flat

goes out and buys $600 in tires and finds out this guy just let the air out of them
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  yea i bet someone was ****ing with you

funny story...my friend walked out from work to find all 4 of his tires were flat

goes out and buys $600 in tires and finds out this guy just let the air out of them
                  Unless they broke into my garage and got past the burglar alarm on the door, there's no way someone could let the air out of the tire. But that's hilarious about the guy who bought tires. Imagine what he would have done if someone had syphoned out all of his gas! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
                    Unless they broke into my garage and got past the burglar alarm on the door, there's no way someone could let the air out of the tire. But that's hilarious about the guy who bought tires. Imagine what he would have done if someone had syphoned out all of his gas! :)
                    ha new engine! lol

didn't read it was in a garage...maybe you have some punk mice playin tricks on you
                    1999 Camaro Z/28
                    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Did they say anything about the rim? Are they chrome? My dad's old Mark VIII had chrome rims and they were chromed more than just the outside and when the chrome started cracking on the inside of the rim (unnoticeable from the outside) the tires started loosing pressure. The tires were fine, he ended up just getting some tubes for the rears which were the only two leaking.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        ha new engine! lol

didn't read it was in a garage...maybe you have some punk mice playin tricks on you
                        THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
                          Dirt? On MY baby? Hahahahah I don't think so. ;)
                          I think he was referring to dirt on the inside of the rim. On my beater with steelies my tire guy grinds off the dirt around the inner edge or the rim to get a good bond between the rubber and the steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                            I think he was referring to dirt on the inside of the rim. On my beater with steelies my tire guy grinds off the dirt around the inner edge or the rim to get a good bond between the rubber and the steel.
                            I'm aware of what he was talking about but I clean right down to the bead on the rim. There's no dirt on there. There's no dirt inside the caps on the wheels. There's no dirt next to the weighs on the wheels, either. ;)

Comment

no idea then man....aliens maybe?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X