Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer problems

Originally posted by Abaddon
    Computers are all just tools. It's all in what you get used to. OS X is a stable platform but you really have to know what you are doing (and a background in Linux doesn't hurt) if you are going to correctly diagnose and fix them. Or knowing someone who specializes in them doesn't hurt. With Windows, any 15 year old kid can usually fix them.

This is true, because I started my computer engineering when I was 16 I think lol and windows was simple then, but I mainly did the Hardware repair on stuff like that .... software wasn't and still isn't my deal and I made a A- on that class when it came to that

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
      This is true, because I started my computer engineering when I was 16 I think lol and windows was simple then, but I mainly did the Hardware repair on stuff like that .... software wasn't and still isn't my deal and I made a A- on that class when it came to that
      I'm president of a small computer firm so I've seen practically everything. I just don't support Macs because there's enough Windows work without having to worry about it. I've used a Mac so I can see why people like it. It's laid out well and it usually just works.
      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

I'm president of a small computer firm so I've seen practically everything. I just don't support Macs because there's enough Windows work without having to worry about it. I've used a Mac so I can see why people like it. It's laid out well and it usually just works.
        I've heard (and this was before they stated it on the commercial) that there aren't any virus's out there for macs

Comment

I've heard (and this was before they stated it on the commercial) that there aren't any virus's out there for macs
          It's true because the backbone of the operating system is based on Linux. There is only one real virus for Linux and it was patched years ago. Most Linux users hate Microsoft and wouldn't dream of writing a virus for their operating system. Besides...if someone did write one, they'd have a patch for it in just minutes. Linux is an operating system written by regular people and computer labs from universities. They don't have the same corporate BS as Microsoft to get a patch together. Apple had the right idea by adapting Linux as their core.

Here's a good read from Stanford:
          http://ccrma.stanford.edu/guides/planetccrma/OS_X.html
          Last edited by Abaddon; 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

It's true because the backbone of the operating system is based on Linux. There is only one real virus for Linux and it was patched years ago. Most Linux users hate Microsoft and wouldn't dream of writing a virus for their operating system. Besides...if someone did write one, they'd have a patch for it in just minutes. Linux is an operating system written by regular people and computer labs from universities. They don't have the same corporate BS as Microsoft to get a patch together. Apple had the right idea by adapting Linux as their core.
            Yeah My engineering teacher said that most colleges use Linux but at the one im in and idk if it applies for community colleges or not but they're using Micrsoft XP ..... or it may still be Windows 2000 but I want to go look at a mac and maybe buy one in the near future, the only program I see that would be in most use for college is the Word for mac but im sure Apple has an answer to that

Steve Park :rock:

Comment

Yeah My engineering teacher said that most colleges use Linux but at the one im in and idk if it applies for community colleges or not but they're using Micrsoft XP ..... or it may still be Windows 2000 but I want to go look at a mac and maybe buy one in the near future, the only program I see that would be in most use for college is the Word for mac but im sure Apple has an answer to that

Steve Park :rock:
              Just make sure you know there aren't as many programs available for the Mac. Many programs are available but they are several versions behind. The PC has an open architecture so anyone can write software for it. The Mac isn't as friendly so the programs are stagnant and more expensive. Solid machines though.

Comment

Just make sure you know there aren't as many programs available for the Mac. Many programs are available but they are several versions behind. The PC has an open architecture so anyone can write software for it. The Mac isn't as friendly so the programs are stagnant and more expensive. Solid machines though.
                Yeah, I'll be sure to check that out. yeah I know there arent many proggys for mac

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X