wisdom teeth extracted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wisdom teeth extracted

hahhahaha. yeah, i have just started taking them without him knowing. i couldnt take the pain. i am praying to the dry socket gods that i dont have a dry socket.

Comment

I had mine out this past summer. I am deathly afraid of needles, but the staff was super nice and totally calmed me. I went out with the IV sedation (after inhaling the happy gas too). The last thing I remember saying was "I didn't get much sleep last night because I was nervous, do you mind if I take a little nap?" Heard the surgeon and nurses laugh, then BAM I was sleepin. I woke up remembering nothing of the surgery itself, totally convinced I was coherent and talking away to my husband and the nurse (to them I made no sense since my mouth was packed full of gauze). Hubby picked up prescriptions and got me home on the couch. I crashed. Woke up, he made me eat a little (I ate lots of ice cream and soup with no noodles for the first few days) I crashed again. Woke up feeling awesome. Then the pain meds wore off lol. I had a prescription for the hardcore stuff, and also an rx for 800mg ibuprofen. I took one of the hardcore painkillers and after that stuck to the ibu's. I did fairly well --I had all 4 teeth out at once. 2 were all the way through, one was halfway impacted and the 4th was pretty badly impacted (and had a cyst in my jaw behind it). 3 of the sockets healed well. The 4th badly impacted tooth socket gave me a lot of grief (because of the extra effort in digging out the cyst to send for biopsy the hole was very large). I suffered for the week, and was then informed I had dry socket in that area--and why didn't I come in sooner? He packed that socket with a clove oil cloth which immediately killed the pain and a week later I got the clean bill of healing. It was not nearly as bad as I expected, even with the dry socket. I recommend it, because I was having a lot of pain and problems until they were removed. Do it as young as possible, because the older you are, the slower and more difficult the healing. Also, if you think you have dry socket, go in right away. Don't be stubborn like me. They can treat it and make the pain stop. :)

Good luck with your healing, I completely sympathize!
      \"see no evil, hear no evil, DATE no evil.\"

Comment

dry socket sucks....a kid that i went through BFT had it...kid was always in pain

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

ya, i am only really worried about one spot... when i took my first bite of mashed potatoes... it felt like i ripped the skin. but to all of you that have yet to have them removed... mashed potatoes, powerade, milk, milkshakes, and ice cream... will be your best friend for at least the first 3 daze. :]

Comment

nope.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i only had one top one out....the day before my suprise bridal shower.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i got some hydrocodine and oxycodine (i think thats what they are) left over from my dislocated wrist and surgery. sell em' to ya cheep! nah, jk. saving them for a rainy day. i actually hate medicine. afraid i'm gonna get hooked.

Comment

Pffft, wuss. They told me no food for at least 12 hours before the procedure, so I had my last meal at 6:30pm. Next day, I get there and actually get in the room at 9:00am. I've had procedures done before, since I've had braces, so I really wasn't worried. I walked into the room and hopped into the chair. They put the laughing gas on my nose, and told me to just breathe normal through my nose. I tell them "Ok", and I feel the nurse wipe my hand with some rubbing alcohol to prep it for the needle. I'm breathing through my nose, and I can feel the effects of the gas. I felt like I was getting lighter, like I was about to float, and it was difficult to even really move around slight movements or respond. It felt like time was slowing down or something too. Everything the nurses and doctor said to me, or I had responded with, seemed like it was all in slow motion, like you hear in movies when people's voices are slowed down. So I took a breath out my mouth, and things instantly sped back up to normal. It was weird. At this point the nurse tried to distract me with a question about something (I can't even remember now), and she hooked the IV up on my hand. I knew it wouldn't be long at that point. I got to try the breathing thing again, and like before, it slowed down and sped up again. With everything slow, I could hear some really slow tick..........................tick................ ...........tick sound. One more breath through my mouth and it sped back up, and I couldn't hear it anymore. Maybe I was kinda focused on the IV drip or something, but I thought it was so cool. By the third time I tried it, I was completely out of it. I woke up around 20 minutes later and the proceedure was done. I was still really incoherant, but conscious enough to halfway walk to the vehicle in the parking lot. My wife and mother steadied me to make sure. I couldn't get in the vehicle on my own though. It's a 4x4 GMC Yukon, so yeah, I can't climb on drugs.... Anyways, aparantly I told them about the breathing/laughing gas thing like 6 times before we got home. I remember waking up in the vehicle in a Lowes parking lot. I was awake from then on. We got home and I went to sleep. I woke up around 6:00pm, and we had food. We had KFC and Ginos Pizza (mmmm). I ate 4 slices of pizza, a 9" ham sandwhich, 2 chicken legs, and a chicken breast. I brushed my teeth, and played some videogames.

All in all, a good day.
                  ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X