wisdom teeth extracted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisdom teeth extracted

i just got my teeth pulled yesterday. ill give you a timeline of what has happend so far.

7:30am - arrive at oral surgeon. begin filling out paperwork.

8:00am - finish paperwork. get brought back to the operation room.

9:10am - get the IV sedation. begin to feel really warm [first time going under] i try to stay awake, but end up passing out. :]

10:30am - arrive at home with absolutely no recollection of anything that just happend. my mouth hurts, but the doc gave me two lortab to help with the pain. apparently i had to be wheeled to the car, and kept nodding in and out of consciousness on the car ride home. when i get home, i pass out.

12:00pm - wake up in excruciating pain, swap the guaze pads, swap the ice packs, take a lortab, and go back to sleep.

2:00pm - same as above.

3:00pm - mom arrives home from work to help my dad with caring for me.

5:00pm - swap guaze again, swap ice again… really bloody still. ran out of the lortab, switching to vicodin now. still in pain, it is lessening, but still there. i look at myself in the mirror, and to my amazement, i am not that swollen.

7:00pm - forced to eat ice cream… i am not hungry at all. and it is a really strange feeling to eat…

9:00pm-12:00am - trying to fall asleep, but i slept too much during the day, so it is really hard to sleep.

DAY TWO [today]

8:00am - wake up, swap the gauze, swap the ice, move off the couch into my bed, take a vicodin.

12:00pm - i took the guaze and ice packs off. i feel okay, not great, but ok… i have pretty much clotted up. it hurts to open my mouth wide. and i am still not hungry at all. i am trying to drink powerade… but i am having trouble. my tounge feels really swollen. but whatev. other than that… i am feeling pretty good.

just thot id let you guys know about whats goin down.
    :]
    yes
    39.29%
    no
    60.71%

Re: wisdom teeth extracted

Not yet, but I need to.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

I have, not a terrible thing, didnt need to take any pain meds.

Comment

did you get that painkiller that's liquid in a bottle?
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Nope. And hope I don't ever have too
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I had mine out like 2 yrs ago, i just went with local anesthetic, so i was awake the entire time. It wasnt bad, i remember being in discomfort, but not much pain. By day 3 i was fine, my sister and a friend had em out right at the same time and the next day both were going out, it just is ur level of pain. It wasnt that bad, i was expecting alot worse

edit - i had all 4 out at the same time too
            Last edited by bbplayer133; 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

also its worse when they are impacted, i had all four and 2 were impacted (hadnt broken the gum line yet.)

Comment

Had mine taken out three years ago. Simple procedure, even cutting out the lower impacted ones. Was out during the surgery, woke up afterwards with a hallucination or two (the vitals machines turned into a swarm of insects, like from some sort or cartoon :eek: ) and out again, woke up up 5 min later and was taken home. It wasn't too bad for me. My cheeks were barely swollen and only problems were from pain in my lower jaw. Kept the Combunox and was at Blockbuster picking out movies to watch the next day.

By the way, mashed potatoes, jello and pudding, and gatorade are your new best friends. Along with the pain pills. :)
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

yeah, it definitely helps if they have started to come out of yoru gums before they are removed.. I had mine out a few years ago.. they put me under at an outpatient center.. woke up, puked up the blood in my stomach, then went across the street for coffee and donuts. but i only had 2 and they were both almost fully out..
                  Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Well good. Mine are all the way out, so it sounds like I'll have an easier time.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

I had my top ones out while i was at Ft LWD over the summer...hate them out at 3pm at chow at 5pm slept from 9-4 then did out work out in the morning and continued on my way...ya i had gappin holes in the back of my mouth but they didnt stop me from training or eating...i guess i was lucky or i had a good dr

87 Firebird RIP
                      96 Camaro RS RIP
                      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        did you get that painkiller that's liquid in a bottle?
                        no, all i got was two lortabs for when i got home.
                        and vicodin after that... which my dad wont let me take... even though i am in excruciating pain.:rant:

also, three were impacted, only one was barely coming out.
                        Last edited by 96fbody; 12-07-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96fbody
                          no, all i got was two lortabs for when i got home.
                          and vicodin after that... which my dad wont let me take... even though i am in excruciating pain.:rant:

also, three were impacted, only one was barely coming out.
                          Why won't he let you take them?
                          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

he doesnt want me getting addicted to them. my mom is addicted to xanax, so he doesnt want me ending up like that. it sucks major ***.

Comment

punch him in the face a couple times and ask him if he likes how it feels....im sure he'll understand

87 Firebird RIP
                              96 Camaro RS RIP
                              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X