BCS with a capital BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BCS with a capital BS

no no no. its THE ohio state university.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
      as far as im concerned, the team that got shafted is mizzou. they got screwed by a technicality. no conference can send more than 3 teams to bcs bowls.
      I'll agree that mizzou totally got screw. The whole top ten is a debacle as far as I'm concerned.

dont worry, us osu fans travel well, count on 60 percent of the stadium being scarlet and gray.
      60% is a lot, but with tickets being as expensive as they are I'm sure it will be hard for a lot of the drunken cajuns to get in. I forget who said it last night, but someone said OSU travels well. Then they mentioned the only problem was the fans don't go to the game. They go to bars or tailgate the whole time instead. I don't know if that is horrible or awesome.

btw, dont blame us for not needing a championship game. we know the championship game is the osu michigan game, who ever wins is and always will be the big 10 champs.
      It's in your best interest to have one or for there not to be any. Look at all the teams that got passed because they didn't have the extra game. Yes, it can blow up in your face like mizzou, but it can also screw you like georgia.

Comment

I can honestly say I don't give two ****s about OSU getting No. 1. But the BCS is a problem that will soon be addressed.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

i doubt it will. the most we'll get will be a plus 1 game.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
            I can honestly say I don't give two ****s about OSU getting No. 1. But the BCS is a problem that will soon be addressed.
            Lol, I can honestly say that I don't give a crap about the whole college football thing. Or Pro either.
            ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1
              Lol, I can honestly say that I don't give a crap about the whole college football thing. Or Pro either.
              You better put on your flamesuit. These guys would propose to football before the hottest girl alive.
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                You better put on your flamesuit. These guys would propose to football before the hottest girl alive.
                Damn right. Women come and go, football is forever.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                  :Zip: It's not like I said football is boring. I just don't care about watching games, I'd rather play. Now, baseball is boring, but that was discussed a while back.
                  ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    Damn right. Women come and go, football is forever.
                    GODDAMN RIGHT!!

football = life. anything else is not important.

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

there will never be a "fair" ranking system for college football.
                      1. There is too much politics and money involved in what is supposed to be a glorified version of Physical Education for college. Somehow it has grown to this bohemeth thing that it is today.

2. You have to stop allowing large schools from paying smaller schools to come to their campuses and getting their asses whipped. A small program can walk away with upwards of half a million dollars for one game.
                      3. Someone should toss the whole "bowl" system. It's gotten stupid there are just too many and to say that these "four big bowls" are inherenty more important than the others is also silly.
                      4. There is no truly effective way to rank teams across conferences, there are just too many variables.
                      5. If "student athletes" were held to the same standards of other students over half of them wouldn't even be in college. This last one applies to all sports, a majority of these players (not just football on this one) have everything handed to them, they are lured with dreams of cash and the "big time" when most of them will be lucky to play 3 or 4 years in the pros. When they are finally forced to deal with the real world most are worse off than when the started college.
                      -Brad
                      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                      :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
                        there will never be a "fair" ranking system for college football.
                        1. There is too much politics and money involved in what is supposed to be a glorified version of Physical Education for college. Somehow it has grown to this bohemeth thing that it is today.

2. You have to stop allowing large schools from paying smaller schools to come to their campuses and getting their asses whipped. A small program can walk away with upwards of half a million dollars for one game.
                        3. Someone should toss the whole "bowl" system. It's gotten stupid there are just too many and to say that these "four big bowls" are inherenty more important than the others is also silly.
                        4. There is no truly effective way to rank teams across conferences, there are just too many variables.
                        5. If "student athletes" were held to the same standards of other students over half of them wouldn't even be in college. This last one applies to all sports, a majority of these players (not just football on this one) have everything handed to them, they are lured with dreams of cash and the "big time" when most of them will be lucky to play 3 or 4 years in the pros. When they are finally forced to deal with the real world most are worse off than when the started college.
                        A lot of this is true.

Teams usually play their first home game against so no-name school so they can win big. That no-name school doesn't give a **** cause they could walk away with a win (Appalachian state anyone?) and a **** load of money.
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                          .... Yes, they slaughtered us and if you want to rank them ahead of us that's fine, but they didn't. Last week we were ranked ahead of them and because they won their game against a lower ranked team then we beat this week they jump us? There is no logic there. The BCS is a popularity contest and people just wanted to see LSU in the championship....
                          Yes, they did waste an over-rated, under-qb'd Hokie team.
                          Any team that wins the SEC Champ game with two losses is superior to other teams, nomatter the conference.
                          Call it bias, but then that must be the driver in politics, war, work, and mating. Everybody wins $$$ and FB-wise with the BCS, incl the bowls and athletes. And, all NCAA FB reg season games mean something because of what y'all cite above.
                          If you wanna knock a bad system, see NASCAR, standings...

Comment

Sean Glennon sucks, but Tyrod Taylor is going to be amazing when he gets some experience under his belt and puts some weight on over the summer. It would also help if our offensive coordinator didn't suck. We have improved a lot as a team since that game I would say we could hang with LSU now. We may still lose, but it wouldn't be lopsided like that game.

I agree that the SEC is BY FAR the best conference in the country, but their champ isn't always the best team in the country. Plus, at two losses who is to say they deserve it. Their strength of schedule would have to be extremely high and their loses would have to be pretty minimal against other highly ranked teams.

Everyone knows the BCS is a business, but it should be a NCAA sport first and a money maker second. If they switched to a tournament format like every other NCAA sport there would still be plenty of money, but that isn't going to happen. If you want to discuss shady practices for the sake of money lets talk about the Big East refs trying to give the game to WVU. The calls they were making were criminal. I hope they get fired, but we all know they won't be.

Comment

Lsu Ftmtfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X