Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCS with a capital BS

BCS sucks again...

Anyway, you guys want to start a competition to see who can pick the winner of the most bowls? If we get enough interest I might be willing to put some prizes up for grabs.

Re: BCS with a capital BS

Not fair. OSU just sat around while the teams in front of them had to play division champ games. OSU didn't have no other game this week.

I dont understand how 11-2 LSU got it but what ever.
    They need all division to have champ games to make this whole BcS fair.

O well at least OU beat Mizzou! Looks like if LSU would have lost OU might have got up in there.
    VT is #3 y? Their #5 or lower in the other 3 polls. Just shows the BS of the BcS.
    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

the bcs sux,division 1 college football needs a playoff.if the ncaa sat down with the bowl people i'm sure they could work out a solution,but i boils down to money, not creating a system to reward the hard work of student-athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
        you guys want to start a competition to see who can pick the winner of the most bowls?
        We're way ahead of you...too bad you can't participate :rolleyes:
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          We're way ahead of you...too bad you can't participate :rolleyes:
          Is there a supporting members only forum now? Oh well F it then...

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
            Not fair. OSU just sat around while the teams in front of them had to play division champ games. OSU didn't have no other game this week.

I dont understand how 11-2 LSU got it but what ever.
            They need all division to have champ games to make this whole BcS fair.

O well at least OU beat Mizzou! Looks like if LSU would have lost OU might have got up in there.
            VT is #3 y? Their #5 or lower in the other 3 polls. Just shows the BS of the BcS.
            I agree that Ohio State shouldn't be able to sit around and fall into the championship. If one division has a championship game they all should.

Why shouldn't VT be ranked 3 (or higher)? We are number 1 in the unbiased computers. Our two losses come from two teams that are still ranked high. It's garbage that teams can jump 4 places from last week from nothing more than favoritism. The whole system is a complete joke and everyone knows it.

Comment

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . dont blame the bcs, blame the voters, they did it.

go bucks!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

While I do believe the BCS system is not correct you can't argue that OSU shouldn't be in the game.

They have a single loss decided by a touchdown to a team that is now ranked in the top 15 going to the Rose bowl against USC.

They won the Big 10 outright by defeating Michigan and given another chance against Ill they would win outright so even if there was a Big 10 Championship game they would still be where they are today.

Time will tell, but if Ill beats USC I believe that will validate where OSU is even before the 7th, If they don't we'll see on the 7th.

EDIT: GO BUCKS!!!

Comment

I don't have an issue with OSU being number 1. I think they should have to play an extra game though. The division championships should be in ever conference or in none of them. In a system where one lose can cost you the season having to play another highly ranked team in your division (and most likely a rivally) can make a huge impact.

My main complaint this year with the BCS is a team like LSU jumping VT for doing nothing. Yes, they slaughtered us and if you want to rank them ahead of us that's fine, but they didn't. Last week we were ranked ahead of them and because they won their game against a lower ranked team then we beat this week they jump us? There is no logic there. The BCS is a popularity contest and people just wanted to see LSU in the championship.

By the way a healthy LSU in what is basically a home game is going to wreck house.

Comment

Yeah, Mizzou got bent over and ****ed royally.

Two teams we beat, Illiboring and Kansas, are in a BCS while we're not now. All of this because we had to play an extra game that most other teams don't. OU was playing with nothing to lose, MU was playing with everything to lose (and we now know its true, we lost, and lost everything).

So I state it again, **** LSU and OSU. **** LSU because everybody just masturbates furiously to anything they do (or don't do). **** OSU just because I can say that.
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

ahem.....

Go Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                        I don't have an issue with OSU being number 1. I think they should have to play an extra game though. The division championships should be in ever conference or in none of them. In a system where one lose can cost you the season having to play another highly ranked team in your division (and most likely a rivally) can make a huge impact.

My main complaint this year with the BCS is a team like LSU jumping VT for doing nothing. Yes, they slaughtered us and if you want to rank them ahead of us that's fine, but they didn't. Last week we were ranked ahead of them and because they won their game against a lower ranked team then we beat this week they jump us? There is no logic there. The BCS is a popularity contest and people just wanted to see LSU in the championship.

By the way a healthy LSU in what is basically a home game is going to wreck house.
                        as far as im concerned, the team that got shafted is mizzou. they got screwed by a technicality. no conference can send more than 3 teams to bcs bowls. for the life of me i dont understand how lsu's 7 point win over tennessee justifies them jumping 5 spots like they did. dont worry, OSU will make sure to put lsu back down the polls in january where they belong.

By the way a healthy LSU in what is basically a home game is going to wreck house
                        dont worry, us osu fans travel well, count on 60 percent of the stadium being scarlet and gray. fact of the matter is, lsu even healthy, has a defense that is ehhh. they're not that good at stopping the run, and in case you havent noticed, beanie wells is a ****ing horse. lsu has just benefitted from the sec having a average year.

we will not have another melt down this year. our defense will not be torched like last year, and our offense will be on point. we have ALOT to prove, and we'll do it and shut everyone up.

btw, dont blame us for not needing a championship game. we know the championship game is the osu michigan game, who ever wins is and always will be the big 10 champs.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        Or this

Comment

Go 'eers!
                          ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

btw, i love all the osu hate. we rather enjoy it here in ohio how much everyone hates THE ohio state university. jealousy is a ugly thing. :D

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                              btw, i love all the osu hate. we rather enjoy it here in ohio how much everyone hates THE ohio state university. jealousy is a ugly thing. :D
                              Ohio State University..... never really knew what OSU stood for.... now I know why they suck!
                              ;)
                              ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X