S10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S10

i would get a non-ex cab, base 4.3 4x4 if i can find one...

i would hardly ever use 4wd but it can be a great thing to have and helps resale

why do the Zr2's get such ****ty gas mileage? I know it has suspension upgrade but is it full time 4wd or something?
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
      i would get a non-ex cab, base 4.3 4x4 if i can find one...

i would hardly ever use 4wd but it can be a great thing to have and helps resale

why do the Zr2's get such ****ty gas mileage? I know it has suspension upgrade but is it full time 4wd or something?
      Don't quote me on this, but I believe all ZR2s are automatics, and then you have the huge, coarse tread tires. The last thing I can think of is gearing, but I don't remember for sure if the gearing is lower or not. It's been a while since I looked into buying one.
      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

I have a 94 S10 Blazer with the 4.3. Auto, 4x4, ~180k miles.. Driving around town I got around 16-18 mpg. On the highway I would get 18-22 mpg. Pretty decent power for the size of the vehicle. It could probably tow that trailer as long as you never had to go up a hill.
        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Not all ZR2s are auto, there are some manuals just the pickups though. The 31" tires play a huge part in crappy gas mileage but the gearing I believe isn't that bad at 3.73 ratio. And they are not full time 4wd either. As for towing you would want to get a tranny cooler and just be smart about what you pull.

Comment

i wouldn't get a zr2 just because they are more expensive.

i'm trying to trade my avenger for a s10 right now...def. am looking for a 4.3 94-97 model, 4x4
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I don't know if you will find one reliable enough to suit your needs from those years, esp. 4x4. It may require some $$$ to get everything in shape for daily use if you intend to use it that way. However, best of luck to you ; )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X