Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10

anyone have an s10?

looking for a 94-97 S10, what kind of gas mileage would a 4.3 get? 2.2?
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Re: S10

i have a 1999 GMC Sonoma with a 4.3L V6. Its an automatic with almost 230k miles. It get ****ty gas mileage, i believe 15 in the city and 20 or so on the highway. IMO the motor is really reliable...only replaced the alternator and fuel pump.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

wow thats not too good! But it does have alot of miles

how much can that thing haul easily?

Think it's possible to tow up to a 3000lb car on a tow-dolly?
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

according to advertised tow ratings, the 2.2L would almost be adequate to tow 3000lbs (technically it would, but i'm not sure I'd want to cut that close)

S-10/Sonoma Reg. Cab 2WD 2.2L I-4 : 3100
        S-10/Sonoma Reg. Cab 2WD 4.3L V-6 :5900
        S-10/Sonoma Ext. Cab 2WD 2.2L I-4 : 3000
        S-10/Sonoma Ext. Cab 2WD 4.3L V-6 : 5600
        S-10/Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD 4.3L V-6 : 5500
        S-10/Sonoma Crew Cab 4WD 4.3L V-6 :5200
        Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 11-29-2007, 10:29 PM.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

no way in hell i would tow a car w/ a 4 banger

according to that i could tow a fbody w/ the 1500lb trailer (4.3V6)...i doubt that as well, the hitch would probably be draggin on the ground lol
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i have a 4 banger s-10... ugh. thats all i can really say. ugh...

damn thing is so slow it doesnt get out of its own way. get a v-6 or dont get one. the 2.2L is so undersized that realistically, the gas milage is the same b/w the two engines. again, get a v-6 or dont get an s-10 at all...
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
              i have a 4 banger s-10... ugh. thats all i can really say. ugh...

damn thing is so slow it doesnt get out of its own way. get a v-6 or dont get one. the 2.2L is so undersized that realistically, the gas milage is the same b/w the two engines. again, get a v-6 or dont get an s-10 at all...

i agree. definitely get a V6, if you can. They have nice torque...im not sure how much you'll be able to tow.. never towed anything really. Doin a tune up on these engines are easy. You can get them on down from under near the wheel well.

PS. get a GMC Sonoma :)

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I have a 93 Chevy S10 6cyl that I use every day. Gets 300miles per tank and costs $45 to fill the tank. It's fairly powerful and I have over 170k on it. I bought it to haul computers, mulch, and home supplies but also to keep the miles off the 2000 Camaro. :)
                2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

2.2L I4, in a s10/sonoma, complete joke.

completley under powered, and can apparantly tow 3000 pounds, LOL cant hardly tow itself.

Ive had one in the past.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

my father had a 4.3 in his truck...he can drive it for a week and a half without filling again...

87 Firebird RIP
                    96 Camaro RS RIP
                    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

We have 2. Lol. We've got a 97 4.3 4x4 5-speed, and an 04 4.3 4x4 Auto. The 97 has been extremely reliable. The only "major" problem we had was a blown intake gasket. It had 170K on it when that happened though.

I can also say that it's safe to haul over 3K lbs with it. We've hauled: early 80's F-Series trucks and the 91 Firebird with a dolly; a home made steel trailer (built to haul a CAT D6 dozer) loaded with post timbers for the mine my dad works at (6ft long x 8-10" diameter stacked 5' tall along about 15'); 20ft long steel pipes; and some other things, it'll handle a 3K lb car.

As for mileage, it's obviously going to be better with the manual, but more than most people expect. I've got 25mpg with it, and dad claims 26 all highway to Tennessee. We've never done all city driving, but I'd guess around 18, since mixed gets us around 21. I took the auto to Virginia a week or two back, and babying it, the best I could get 20mpg all highway. I don't even want to know about all city.

There, I hope I made some form of a valid contribution. Enjoy the truck, should you decide to get it.
                      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

if you want gas mileage dont go for a 4.3 expecially a ZR2, i have a 96 ZR2 and that truck sucks gas down like crazy, i drive it like a grandma too. its got about 125K on it, still runs pretty good. it does have some torque down low but over all its slow.... real slow. for towing i would guess it could pull pretty good, i havent had a trailer behind it but i have pull stumps ect. out of the ground, 4wd low it feels like it could pull a house. its not a bad truck, hasnt given me much trouble, just leaks a little oil like most older vehicals, and had a spurt of killing batteries with in days. i drive it daily and like i said i drive it like a grandma and i rarely see 220 miles from a tank. so if you want something to drive and get good mileage you dont want a 4.3. if you want to tow you might want to think about a full size truck, obviously it will tow more and considering the 4.3s usally get around 15-20 mpg you wont loose that much mpg by going full size. I know personally i regret buying my truck, it gets close to 12mpg and i could have got a full size truck with more power and got the same mileage.

Comment

ZR2's do suck on gas (esp. when the 33s go on). However, the 4.3 is a grunt and will do tremendously better than the 2.2 unless your just using it to putt around in. Worse thing about my S10 is side mirrors rattle and manifold gasket went out at 48k. 4.3's have a prob with manifold gaskets though. I get just over 200 with a full tank when 31s are on it.

Comment

Yeah, the ZR2's are pigs. They'll drain the tank it's full of holes.
                            ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

i have the 4.3 in my blazer with 200900 on the clock....it gets maybe 10 or so on a good day after it warmed up....it SUCKS
                              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X