best drift car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best drift car?

Civic are crap in general unless its a daily driver.

My suggestion is take something thats got RWD and work with that. I was thinking about getting an 84 Vette for drifting and moding it but I wouldn't want to throwout 10k like that. Start off with one of the older Nissan Z cars and mod it but keep the bouget less than 5k on the entre project cause if your new to this sport well iam not going to jinx but chances are you'll slam into the wall firsttime around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
      Seriously though, do people from Saskatewan not know how to use english properly?
      no.. because im french... lol.... no im asian.. thats y...

and as i said earlier.. i hate haters... when i see people driving hard on a straight line what i say is man "that was good, i wonder how much he invested on that engine...." but when you actually see a good drift driver tackle a curve with his nose facing the exit already even though he's still halfway... you know what i say "............ 0_0"

as i always said... being the best doesn't mean you have the fastest car...or having the fastest car being the best...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
      Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

It doesn't matter tbh that much...

It needs RWD and LSD. Preferably high power (V8) so you can power over easy, and an engine with good response and a light flywheel helps. Also you need a manual, otherwise an automatic will upshift in the middle of a drift and that will suck.

I hate E-brake style drifting.. power-overs are the easiest to do and the most fun IMO, but you need to have perfect technique or you will spin out.. too much throttle you throw your car sideways and then spin out, too little and it's not really a drift, and worse you could gain traction in a point in a turn that would cause you to crash. C6 Z06's are IMO the ultimate drifting cars, but for obvious reasons that isn't happening.

And seriously I know it may sound stupid, but get a game that is a pretty realistic driving sim (like forza 2), and learn all of the different techniques, like power-over, clutch lock, feint (weight shift, this is what most of the pros use), e-brake... etc etc. If you can grasp the concept and get used to the physics, it (most of it anyways) does transfer over to the real world..

Just don't try doing anything with a stock car... unless you feel like flipping.

Also, don't practice in the public.. and when you do practice.. there should be NOTHING that can damage your car.. stay FAR from, poles, walls, curbs, and any other objects that can **** you up.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx

I hate E-brake style drifting.. power-overs are the easiest to do
          actually the problem in power overs is that you slow down bigtime on the entry point then when you see the exit point thats where you slam the accelerator... in that way your rear would start to slide... basically power overs are half drift techniques... there are six kinds of drifting.... the easiest to do is the E-Brake... Powerovers.... Shift-Lock(Which is actually hard)... then there is the hard ones... Feint.... Braking Technique... Lift Off...

E-brake... do i have to explain this?

PowerOvers... practically this is the EASIEST way to drift... you have to master throttle control... because usually this is done on the exit area...

Shift-Lock... basically its like the E-Brake... but instead of ripping the Ebrake... you just do a shift down and not doing any heel-n-toe... then your rear locks up then theres your drift...

Feint is my favorite... this is what heavier cars do when they want to drift.. basically its following Newtons law... all you have to do is transfer the weight from one side of the car to the other...

Braking... the factors is when to slow down.. steer in...shift down... this maybe the hardest... because when you brake too much ull end up understeer... but too fast ull end up at the side of the track...

and the legendary Lift-off or dynamic drift... basically they use this in the S-curves they use heavy weight transition... to make things simple... to practice this? do figure 8 drifts....:naughty:

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Comment

no with the braking, the point is to take weight off the rear by braking, and then cutting in and accelerating. It helps for cars with low power.

Feint is the kind that just looks smooth and flows.. if you ever watch a video of professional drifting, you will see a combination of feint/powerover/dynamic.. and that's it really.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
              no with the braking, the point is to take weight off the rear by braking, and then cutting in and accelerating. It helps for cars with low power.

Feint is the kind that just looks smooth and flows.. if you ever watch a video of professional drifting, you will see a combination of feint/powerover/dynamic.. and that's it really.
              yep... you got it bro you got it....:rock:

with feint you have to do a opposite small steer action so that the weight with go to the otherside of the car...

Comment

Not into drifting myself. Id get a ZR1, i been trying to get one for a while now. everyone turns up sold i check into.

Comment

^^better yet get a ZR2 they haul balls driffin' and all your gay friends can pile up in the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
                    ^^better yet get a ZR2 they haul balls driffin' and all your gay friends can pile up in the bed.
                    speakin from experience?
                    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Originally posted by Camarodragcar2002
                      Not into drifting myself. Id get a ZR1, i been trying to get one for a while now. everyone turns up sold i check into.

Get an L98 Corvette, ZR-1's shouldn't be used for this kind of sport since one day they maybe collectors edition.:naughty:

There's plenty of those L98's at dirt cheap prices just sitting their who need homes.

Comment

haha sorry i cant afford a vette or the insurance on one
                        - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Originally posted by 96_Fbird
                          haha sorry i cant afford a vette or the insurance on one

AAHH come on! iam sure with some minor adjustments you could. About a year ago I couldn't afford a bycle :drool: and now iv'e got two cars that I wouldn't have had in many years.

Always think how can afford it insead of I can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd14
                            but you know what i hate people bringing down people with their love of the sport...
                            Did you just call drifting a sport? I don't think I can find a smilie to properly describe how much I L'ed my effing A Off.

I used to drift all the time with my big wheel.

Rob
                            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                              I don't think I can find a smilie to properly describe how much I L'ed my effing A Off.
                              ok what?

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera
                                AAHH come on! iam sure with some minor adjustments you could. About a year ago I couldn't afford a bycle :drool: and now iv'e got two cars that I wouldn't have had in many years.

Always think how can afford it insead of I can't afford it.
                                and end up in debt with your toy car, still 10 years later and unable to do anything know...

I say... live within your means.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X