Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So...I turned 18...NEED HELP

Originally posted by kristen
    get your ged and get into the millarty and clean your act up a little. don't look for the cheap way out of things. do it right and get your *** kicked in the process
    not all branches will accept GED, the Air Force won't
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by Tradition_F
      .And I just can't seem to justify the fact that I would have to spend 2 more years finishing high school, when I could just get my GED and start my career.
      News flash for ya bro, the real world sucks ***. You'll spend the next 30+ years working like a dog for the man. If you jump into it now, in 5 years, you'll say to yourself "Hey asshat, WTF was your rush?". If you have the option, finish school while you can instead of looking back and regretting it.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I say get the diploma... if there are 2 canidates, 1 with a GED, and one with a diploma... the one with the diploma stuck it out.

The one with the GED, possible got expeled, flunked out of school, got into drugs or something. None are your case but not uncommon among GED holders.

Comment

You're better off getting a diploma unless you can get into college and make something of yourself. I agree with all that's been said

oh, and you suck at rattle cans...:P
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

also, the guy working at my shop dropped out and got his GED back in highschool days... went and joined the airforce for 8 years... hes now going for his PHD :D

edit: he was able to get into the airforce because of his ridiculous asvab score.
            WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Originally posted by Blip55
              also, the guy working at my shop dropped out and got his GED back in highschool days... went and joined the airforce for 8 years... hes now going for his PHD :D

edit: he was able to get into the airforce because of his ridiculous asvab score.
              There is a waiver for everything so I beleive this but the rule normally is no.
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

1st scenario...

uhmm first of all go EMO.... then after that... uhm... get your GED... then go to a community college.. you know that guy who always say's "You sitting on a couch and you life is passing you by..." and "Youre always on the phone anyway.." yep that guy... then after that... go get 2 jobs.. one full time and one partime... then while youre doin that apply in university... and get a real career... *This is what im doin right now...*

2nd scenario...
                uhmm first of all go EMO.... then after that... uhm... get your GED... then apply for a job in the Police Station... note:make sure your in the Anti-Drug Team... i heard they make good money...

3rd scenario....
                uhmm first of all go EMO.... then after that... uhm... get your GED... then buy lots of lottery tickets... now if you win... you buy me a corvette.... now if you lose stick with 1st and 2nd scenario...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                  News flash for ya bro, the real world sucks ***. You'll spend the next 30+ years working like a dog for the man. If you jump into it now, in 5 years, you'll say to yourself "Hey asshat, WTF was your rush?". If you have the option, finish school while you can instead of looking back and regretting it.
                  If we all had such options, the birds would sing all day and the world would be full of hope.:rolleyes:

One word: Union.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    If we all had such options, the birds would sing all day and the world would be full of hope.:rolleyes:

One word: Union.
                    Ugh, Union? So they can take even more money than taxes already do? wtf?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                      Ugh, Union? So they can take even more money than taxes already do? wtf?
                      Id be careful about the words you choose.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

here we go, union thread all over again...
                        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by Tradition_F
                          I started going into the teenage/rebelious phase and just refused do any school whatsoever, thus resulting in me becoming very far behind...fast forward modern day, I just turned 18 a few days ago and never was able to catch up that time I had gotten behind. Now I have to pay my parents back the car loan, find a good job, and finish high school. So heres where I really need your guys opinions...lately I have been considering getting my G.E.D instead of my diploma, I've researched it, and I'm not seeing any real negative sides to it. And for the field I'm trying to get into does not require much in the way of diploma vs. GED. So if anyone has any input I would really love to get some perspective. :wavey:
                          Its best you finish school while your there insead of a GED since you put in all that time you might as well finish what you started get it done now so that you don't have to deal with this in the future.

My suggestion is think of what you want to do for your future rather than whats going on right now. quitting school might be a great idea for you now but what about when your like 23 or 30?. It depends on what you want out of life and where you want to go in life. You don't want to be one of those people who wish they would have stayed in school and be beating themselves up for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                            Id be careful about the words you choose.
                            Lmao, why? Gonna go on strike? :spank:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                              Lmao, why? Gonna go on strike? :spank:
                              IB4TL
                              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X