X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rant- on my car being silly!

Originally posted by 12secondv6
    Old cars break - that is life.

BTW, I changed the title - no need to use that word.
    Come on don't put silly put something like problematic; using that word makes me look like the word you replaced! (Sorry for the improper use of words, just a little upset) :(
    BTW I don't even think it is my intake anymore (could still very well be) but now looking at it, it looks to be my water pump (good call udlose98) I started taking it apart last night, but then had to take my 89 Chevy celebrity to college & the gym. This aggravated me even further. I'll keep you all posted on this....and its price.
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Re: Rant- on my car being silly!

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
      Come on don't put silly put something like problematic; using that word makes me look like the word you replaced! (Sorry for the improper use of words, just a little upset) :(
      Changed
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Re: Rant- on my car being problematic!

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
        So as some of your know I've invested alot of time and money in my car (corvette rims, S/C, Subs, Etc.) just like everyone else. Well Plans for the supercharger going on were supposed to be this weekend, well I pull up to sport supplements to pick up my multi vitiman and I smell a strong wiff of what i think is antifreeze. I was like WTF? so I pop open my hood and my engine was soaking wet below my TB & intake. Checked my temp gauge and im reading around 220! My blower motor had already gone out earlier last week and now I have even more porblems to fix. I'm beginning to think S/C my ride is going to be a bad idea.
        So new parts I need::mad:
        - Blower Motor
        - New 180 degree Thermo
        - Manual Fan switch
        - hopefully only a gasket for my Intake
        - Flush kit & water wetter
        I hear ya. I would supercharge something that isn't problematic. = more problems. :(
        Leonard
        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
        sigpic

Comment

Okay so I bought a new water pump & thermo($46) and tested the pressure to make sure it was the WP b4 i put it on,($35) yea water came flowing out, so i replaced the part, had a dead bettery...grr...bought a optima 6-pck battery for a decent $135, and got a new oil pressure switch($25) because I noticed mine was broken! i t'd it off just cuz i'd need to anyway for the S/C. What I didn't notice my first time around was that my battery was leaking an insane amout of acid. it ate through my hoses for my heat (so i don't have to replace my blower motor) but it did do some damage to my engine bay, (will need to be painted) I spent a pretty penny this weekend and i started my car just to find out that my intake is also leaking antifreeze! just not really bad, so i'll need to replace that b4 the S/c can go on. All in all im happy my car runs but am getting agravted about the cost.
          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Okay guys need a little more advise on my car. I should probably post this in the Forced induction thread considering I AM FINALLY SUPERCHARGED! But i didn't want to start a new thread and it is pertaining to my car being "problematic."
            So we (My brothers and I) installed my Powerdyne Supercharger (6Lb pulley) onto my 98 3.8L camaro over the turkey break. At first my car started to sound like it was cammed but cleared up after a minute. I dropped her on her feet and took her out for a test drive. Put it to the floor and blew a clamp off of my piping. So went back and tightened it up.
            So we went back out. Hammered on it and my BOV was just letting the entire boost out it sounded like? Twisted that B*tch on there better and went out again....still not much improvement over stock. What’s the problem?! lol I feel quicker but not 2K worth of quickness. Anyone that can offer advice would be appreciated.
            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Re: Rant- on my car being gay!

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              , trust me, ive only taken my car apart 1000000 times.
              I don't trust you. :D Take it apart one more time and I will.

But yeah, a small amount does flow right through the front.

Comment

Re: Rant- on my car being gay!

Originally posted by Vanquish
                I don't trust you. :D Take it apart one more time and I will.

But yeah, a small amount does flow right through the front.

....Yea I fixed that...sorry i forgot to mention it. i just thought ppl would pick up from sayin i would have to do that before the S/C. My main focus now is tryin to rigure out why I'm not gettin all my boost!:stp:
                1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Hmm, I will have to read over everything else, because I didn't read all the posts. I don't know what's going on and what S/C you have or anything to be able to begin to tell you where to look for not getting all your boost.

Comment

Oh, Well I said it was a powerdyne, guess that wasn't specific enough.

This is the link to the kit I bought:
                    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ight=Powerdyne

The only thing i didnt install was the FMU...the blue thing with the 2 hoses sticking out of it. /and the meth kit.
                    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

I didn't even see where you said it was a Powerdyne :P

I didn't read all the posts in the thread, so I could have easily missed it or forgot that I had read it.

Comment

you didn't install the FMU? You're probably running leannn. Fix that, now. Boost gauge and fuel pressure gauges hooked up? what are the readings? I sent you an email
                        \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

how are the plugs/wires? It was running fine before right? Have you done any tuning?
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by NCState98
                            you didn't install the FMU? You're probably running leannn. Fix that, now. Boost gauge and fuel pressure gauges hooked up? what are the readings? I sent you an email
                            FMU. I only thought you needed this hooked up to run 9psi and higher.
                            My Gauges are not installed yet because I am waiting on my A-pillar to come in.
                            Wrote u back in e-mail also.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                            how are the plugs/wires? It was running fine before right? Have you done any tuning?
                            B4 the S/C yea i went through an entire engine sweep replacing plugs, plug wires, oil, filter, battery, ect. No tuning yet. i didnt want to use money on a tune untill after headers,cam, and a smaller pulley so i dont have to keep paying to get it updated.
                            Last edited by RyanAndyBob; 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM.
                            1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X