Rant- on my car being problematic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant- on my car being problematic!

So as some of your know I've invested alot of time and money in my car (corvette rims, S/C, Subs, Etc.) just like everyone else. Well Plans for the supercharger going on were supposed to be this weekend, well I pull up to sport supplements to pick up my multi vitiman and I smell a strong wiff of what i think is antifreeze. I was like WTF? so I pop open my hood and my engine was soaking wet below my TB & intake. Checked my temp gauge and im reading around 220! My blower motor had already gone out earlier last week and now I have even more porblems to fix. I'm beginning to think S/C my ride is going to be a bad idea.
    So new parts I need::mad:
    - Blower Motor
    - New 180 degree Thermo
    - Manual Fan switch
    - hopefully only a gasket for my Intake
    - Flush kit & water wetter
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Re: Rant- on my car being gay!

Been there... gave up, bought new car.

That's part of owning an older car. Things break. Especially if you are moding it.

Comment

are you sure it wasnt one of the hoses in that area that popped? (upper radiator, coolant bypass ) It would be a hell of a lot easier to fix before you start tearing the motor apart..
      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Yes I checked it out when I got home, it looked like some one took a crap on my intake. Wasnt pretty. Very messey. Very angry.
        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

sounds like you just need a new tb gasket. 2 bucks and your fixed. get the bolts nice and tight.

it will all be worth it. trust me
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

It might just be one of the plastic coolant elbows...

If it is....

~$20 in parts, you have to pull the pulley tensionor, and alternator to replace both of them.

Be very careful, or you will be in a world of ****. the ends of the elbows like to break off in the lower intake, woudl be a nightmare if I wasn't already taking the lower intake off. Even with the lower intake off took like 20 min to get the old broken parts out of the intake.

If it is a lower intake gasket. The gasket is more like $20-30, and I would get new lower intake bolts. I had one snap, and a few others looked rough when I pulled them(mine is a 2k) And didn't want any others to break/give me problems.

Problem is, not exactly an easy bolt, no one carries it but SOME Advanced Auto Parts carry them, but usually only 2 bolts per store. I had to hit up 7 stores before I got all the bolts I needed. Think it was $2 per 2 bolts.

Or order from the dealership where I think its $4 and a few days from getting them.

....have a blast getting those rear upper intake bolts off and torqueing them down later.

Comment

could be bad:

thermo
              w/p
              tb gasket
              upper intake gasket

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                could be bad:

thermo
                w/p
                tb gasket
                upper intake gasket
                upper intake gasket, only does air, doesn't flow coolant.

but you will have to replace the upper and TB gasket when you do do the lower intake.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                  could be bad:

thermo
                  w/p
                  tb gasket
                  upper intake gasket

but you will have to replace the upper and TB gasket when you do do the lower intake.

If its directly below the TB, I'd check the coolant elbow

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT

If its directly below the TB, I'd check the coolant elbow
                    incorrect, coolant does flow between your upper and lower intake.

right in the front, there are two gaskets that fit into place there, trust me, ive only taken my car apart 1000000 times.

Comment

things break... it happens... get ove it. Think about it this way, everytime you change a part, you are just adding to the longevity of your car. On the Malibu I changed the exhaust, coolant, engine, intake, electrical system, and a few other thing that took a crap. Now its like a brand new car... lots of money but it worth it.
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Re: Rant- on my car being silly!

Old cars break - that is life.

BTW, I changed the title - no need to use that word.
                        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

coolant does flow through upper intake, my gasket blew out and coolant went out tailpipes
                          Originally posted by kala
                          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                          parting her out

Comment

now that I think about it your right, the rubber rings, but I doubts its that.

and adding money to a car doesn't add longevity to the car...

the fact you spent $5k on replacing the cooling system, AC, motor, brakes, tires, shocks.... only means you added longevity to the particular part. And most replacement parts don't last as long as a original part.

doesn't mena you won't have to dump $1500 on a tranny rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                              now that I think about it your right, the rubber rings, but I doubts its that.
                              yea its not a lot, and its hard to get a leak there, but still a small chance.

and i agree with the rebuild.

unless you put in new crank, rod, pistons, bore and trans....you're just replacing accesories.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X