F*** Apple and everything they make!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F*** Apple and everything they make!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F*** Apple and everything they make!!!

I don't so much hate the ipod as I do iTunes. I'm on ipod number 2, but the first one went through a lot before dying on me. I dropped it on a treadmill once and it went flying off the back into a wall. It popped the case open, but it still worked fine.

I don't dislike apple because of their products. I don't like them for the same reasons I don't like Toyota. They have a ton of irritating fan boys who won't listen to logic.

Originally posted by t-topV6
    i don't have an ipod, but i do like my friends zune... im not a big fan of apple, or dells for that matter, homebuilt computers/alienware FTW
    Alienware is owned by Dell. I know what you are saying though. I own a pre-dell alienware tower.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
      I don't so much hate the ipod as I do iTunes. I'm on ipod number 2, but the first one went through a lot before dying on me. I dropped it on a treadmill once and it went flying off the back into a wall. It popped the case open, but it still worked fine.

I don't dislike apple because of their products. I don't like them for the same reasons I don't like Toyota. They have a ton of irritating fan boys who won't listen to logic.

Alienware is owned by Dell. I know what you are saying though. I own a pre-dell alienware tower.
      Yep, and the hero-worship Jobs gets is sickening.
      When he gives as much in proportion to good causes as Bill Gates has, then I'll reconsider. MS is getting screwed in the EU, btw... Jus my $.02 Canadian...
      Dell got what they deserved after those ***** 'Easy as Dell' commercials.

Comment

I have the 60 Gig IPOD Video, the first Gen shuffle, A macbook Pro, A Iphone.....the list goes on, I have never had a problem with Apple products or there customer support for Software issues and such.

I had owned Dell, Compaq, and HP in the past and have had problem with each. It happens no matter what you buy. Check how many issues rose with Microsoft Zune, Or Iriver, or any other MP3 player for that matter.
        Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
        1996 Camaro Conv
        2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

I give my iPod hell. I use it for playback on production shoots. I've used it for field ADR (after development recording-- it where the talent comes back in after a shoot and re-records their audio in a quieter or more controlled environment). It gets the crap knocked out of it. Dropped, shat on, you name it. Sometimes I even use it to listen to my music. We edit on a G5 Apple as well.

We have yet to have any Apple product go bad. :tup:

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
            I give my iPod hell. I use it for playback on production shoots. I've used it for field ADR (after development recording-- it where the talent comes back in after a shoot and re-records their audio in a quieter or more controlled environment). It gets the crap knocked out of it. Dropped, shat on, you name it. Sometimes I even use it to listen to my music. We edit on a G5 Apple as well.

We have yet to have any Apple product go bad. :tup:
            Lip-synch?!?!?:dj:
            Apple is still unsurpased for graphic arts...

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
              Lip-synch?!?!?:dj:
              Aye... For example, we just shot a children's video where the host was talking about all the different fruits and veggies at the grocery store. The coolers are way too loud to get good dialog, so we had her come back into the studio to redo her lines. It's also called "looping" because you loop each sentence over and over so that the talent can get a feel for the timing and inflection and say their lines perfectly. Most Hollywood movies are completely ADR'ed.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
                Apple is still unsurpased for graphic arts...
                I'm going to have to disagree with you there. A PC dedicated to graphic arts can easily do the work of an Apple. The industry generally does use Apples though...

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  I'm going to have to disagree with you there. A PC dedicated to graphic arts can easily do the work of an Apple. The industry generally does use Apples though...
                  Yeah, I'm sad to say that now-a-days, you are correct. However, there is now a hack out there that allows you to install OS X on a PC, so essentially, you can build an Apple. It reported that OS X actually runs better on a non-Apple build Intel platform. ...well I'll be damned.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                    Had mine for over a year and no problems at all. Should've taken it back after the first problems. You did have a receipt right it wasn't on "loan" from the store?
                    I bought it on ebay. The thing worked GREAT for about three months, no problems whatsoever, then I think I dropped it on the living room floor, carpeted, and since then, it has never worked right.

As for rebuilding one, since I got a look at the parts and their prices, I might as well just buy a new iPod or Zune. Those parts from those online stores are rediculous. If you part on together, it actually is FAR more expensive than to just buy a new one outright.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                      i don't have an ipod, but i do like my friends zune... im not a big fan of apple, or dells for that matter, homebuilt computers/alienware FTW
                      dell owns alienware

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X