Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisdom teeth FTL!!

Originally posted by blown00
    Yep. I was knocked out cold. Counted up to 3, and I was out. Woke up in the hallway waiting for my dad. I slightly remember getting in his truck, then all of a sudden being in my bed at home. Mcdonalds strawberry shakes ftw! Except, my bottom lip was still numb, so half the shake missed and went on the towel on my chest. Woot.
    Haha... almost sounds like a good night at the bar :D
    Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

****.. one of mine is hurting right now.. happens from time to time..... it was fine yesterday too. Its just annoying cuz i dont' get dental coverage for another 80 or so days :mad:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
        haha crazy...

I am one of that part of the population that is considered more evolved.

I have no wisdom teeth.
        same here, man i love evolution
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by blown00
          Yep. I was knocked out cold. Counted up to 3, and I was out. Woke up in the hallway waiting for my dad. I slightly remember getting in his truck, then all of a sudden being in my bed at home. Mcdonalds strawberry shakes ftw! Except, my bottom lip was still numb, so half the shake missed and went on the towel on my chest. Woot.
          LMAO!
          Guess Im lucky and have a big mouth LOL! All mine fit, yet one is still growing in and one of them was apperently drunk cuz it didnt quite grow straight!
          sigpic
          98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

I have all mine in and they are straight. :)
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

My bottom 2 were horizontal had them pulled when I was about 23 or 24 can't remember. Oral surgens in the town I was livin in all said they HAD to knock me out due to the fact that it involves basically slicing open part of my gums cutting the teeth into peices and then taking out the peices.
              I was a poor grad student at the time and called an oral surgen where I grew up, they said something like 150 a tooth for extraction of the impacted teeth and getting knocked out was my choice. I went there and saved several hundred dollars. Set an appointment, walked in said I want the bottom wisdom teeth pulled, doc said ok let me take an x-ray and now watch this video on the risks. He looked at the xray and said I wouldn't have to worry about nerve damage.
              A few minutes later I was in the chair and he went to town with the novicane. 30 minutes later he was cutting away. I remember the feel of the bits of tooth flying around inside my mouth and the smell. Apparently novicane works better on my right side then my left because I could feel him working when he started on the left side, he stuck me again and waited another 10 minutes. They got that one out shoved some gauze in my mouth and said sit here for 20 minutes.
              After that I got in the car mom drove me to the pharmacy where I got my antibiotics and my vicodin.
              I went home and spent the next 24 hours in a recliner dozing in and out and eating yougurt in a vicodin induced haze. I had problems with bleeding but it finally stopped. After that a couple of peices of tooth slowly rose to the surface over the next month or so. I also started working out and lost over 50 lbs before everything was over.
              Also I forgot to mention that on the first day I misread the vicodin lable and waited too long to take my second dose and was in full pain before it kicked in. I could feel my bones hurting in my jaw for about 20 minutes proably one of the worst pains I have felt in my life thus far. Feeling the pain growing and knowing nothing was going to happen till the vicodin finally kicked in sucked ballz!

The second time around for the uppers about 8 months ago was just a matter of going in to my dentist ( I now have coverage) getting stuck, he used some vice grip looking tool to clamp down and worked the teeth out. Again on the left side I had to be stuck a second time because I could feel the tooth coming out and it hurt!

Moral of the story if you can afford it just let em knock you out and do all 4 at once you'll be alot happier.
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

Yeah, it won't be that bad if they knock you out.

I remember waking up, walking down the hall to talk to the doctor and my mom, and I kept asking my mom what this huge thing was hanging out of my mouth. (It was my numb bottom lip... it felt HUGE at the time!) Funny story I thought.

They gave me the medicine for pain in the days to follow, never took any of it, and I was hanging out with my friends the same night of the day I had it done. You'll come home and nap for about 2 1/2, 3 hrs. and be fine.

Comment

I do remember waking up afterwards but for some reason I kept seeing Unicorns running outside next to the car and didn't want to leave. Mom actually had to pull me out to the car with me screaming "NO, the unicorns!"
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

im going to wait until they find a better way to get them out.. haha.

if i need them out soon, lets just say i will make sure to get all the vicodin i can! :D
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold
                    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      I do remember waking up afterwards but for some reason I kept seeing Unicorns running outside next to the car and didn't want to leave. Mom actually had to pull me out to the car with me screaming "NO, the unicorns!"
                      WOW I kinda wish mine need pulled... I wanna see Unicorns HAHA! Seems some of you had more fun than anything LOL!
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X